rear loaded horn build pictures

sinosic
10+ year member

Idyllic Enclosures
today i had some free time so i build a subwoofer enclosure for a single 12" sub.

i have always wondered about these plans i stumbled across on the net. i didnt think it was going to workout,

well there is only one way to find out. i wish i would have taken pictures at the begining of the build.

the piece of mdf at the end of the slanted piece is the adjustable choke....

well thats it. i tested the enclosure out with a pioneer that has alot of cone damage . someone gave it to me a long time ago after they tried to repair a huge tear from the surround to the dust cap by using chaulk. looked like hell to, anyways the sub pounded hard for about 2 minutes. well until i desided if this ghetto 200 watt rms sub could handle 1000 watts rms at full tilt. R.I.P. pos. lol anyways in the end i was glad i made it cause the sound output was clear in quality and got loud and had a wider bandwith than i would have ever quessed...............

.................. i wonder what it would sound like with my armageddon 15" installed ????

Nice waveguide.

Ooops....did it again. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

you wanted to build me a box and you cut a circle like that??? jp...

shouldve stopped by the sacramento event on saturday though. its was aiite.

you wanted to build me a box and you cut a circle like that??? jp...
shouldve stopped by the sacramento event on saturday though. its was aiite.
come on...now i have to make it double baffle with a perfect circle.... i was in a hurry. but if this was for you a anyone else i would have taking my time. ......

i didnt know there was a comp saturday. wish you would have let me know.

I've, never listened to a horn enclosure in the car before. Sounds interesting. The only time i heard horn enclosures were at clubs and they were loud with low low rumbles. What can one gain using horn vs. ported besides output wise?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.