Rear door speakers arent working at all.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jrob827

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I drive a 2002 dodge dakota quad cab, with a pioneer MVH-X360BT stereo, I decided to replace all four stock speakers in my doors because the were blown up front and not working at all in the back. I installed JBL GX628 speakers all around. I made sure that they would work and that I had enough power for them to work. After installing them, the front two sounded amazing and worked perfectly, but I'm still not getting any sound at all from the rear two speakers, any ideas?

Hmm, they’re two ohm drivers so they should be amplified externally (not through the deck) As a headunit for 4ohms. Maybe two pairs of them was just too much for your headunit internal amplifier. Disconnect the fronts and see if the rears will play by themselves. May have to get an amp now if your damaged your hu internal amp.

Hmm, they’re two ohm drivers so they should be amplified externally (not through the deck) As a headunit for 4ohms. Maybe two pairs of them was just too much for your headunit internal amplifier. Disconnect the fronts and see if the rears will play by themselves. May have to get an amp now if your damaged your hu internal amp.
Alright I'll check that thanks.

2002 Dakota not likely separate factory amp. The pioneer hu will probably still work with an aftermarket amp. Get a gmd 8704 amp and you’ll be stoked.

Last edited:
Alright, I just tried disconnecting the front speakers and still didnt have anything coming out of the back. Any other ideas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.