Rear door speaker issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kswood

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2012 Subaru Impreza Wagon base model that came with a Kenwood head unit. I have upgraded the front door speakers as well as installed upgraded factory kicker tweeters, as the car didn't come with any since it is a base model. I was taking a look at the factory rear door speakers and realized they weren't outputting any audio. I traced the wires and found that they were connected to the adapter harness and went straight into the back out the head unit so they seem to be wired in. I tested to see if the speaker was blown/dead by plugging in my upgraded front ones but still no audio. I messed with the fading/balance setting on the head unit but still nothing. Any ideas?

I tested to see if the speaker was blown/dead by plugging in my upgraded front ones but still no audio. I messed with the fading/balance setting on the head unit but still nothing.
By this, do you mean to say you plugged a new speaker in the back door and had no sound? Did you plug the rear speaker into the front door? You can also test a speaker with a AAA or AA battery. Neg to Neg and Pos t Pos. It should cause the cone to jump when you Morse code the Pos wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...