rear deck porting... question for you wizards

Participant count
  • Participant list

magmaGT
10+ year member

Chicago
i drive a 1997 grand am gt coupe. the rear decks on these cars rattle very annoyingly unless you fold the rear seats down when there is alot of bass. i recently purchased 2 Jl audio 12w6v2 and would like to pound these subs with the backseats up, it looks pretty gay down all the time. is there anyway i can possibly cut a square port in the sheet metal under the rear deck in between the 6x9s and have a port from the subwoofer enclosure shoot up into it? any ideas on what to do to get rid of the deck from rattling???

what about removing the 6x9s, building a baffle to hold 5.25s and using the extra room as the port? sound like it would be alrite, or just plain retardeD?

gonna go w/ the latter.....if u insist on having rear fill....build u a baffle that takes up all that space....then put a 5.25 or 6.5 in there and leave it at that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.