Read a TON from you guys. Hoping for some input please.

I started out this journey with active in mind... I don't mind a challenge, but man that seems like running before you can crawl.
I remember I started out in audio going active because I read up on stuff before I even put anything together. Down the road I switched gears up and went passive, I wanted to blow my brains out. Once I went active, I never wanted to go back to passive lol

You can build a center console box for a 10/12 to sit directly in the seat itself.alot of MECCA guys do that, and sounds fantastic
I have a bench seat up front. No center console... You mean build a box and set that **** sub right beside me! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif lol. Or am I just we tard ed for thinking that's what you meant?

I remember I started out in audio going active because I read up on stuff before I even put anything together. Down the road I switched gears up and went passive, I wanted to blow my brains out. Once I went active, I never wanted to go back to passive lol
Well ****. Guess I'd better go passive, wait until my balls drop, spend some money and buy the active stuff you guys actually should be suggesting.

For now... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif What do you guys suggest I do with my sub enclosure/position situation? I can build whatever box, I am confident in my wood working abilities. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boobiez.gif.bcca53c4e1c9539300cad4d7d1b9dd4d.gif

I would like to stick with one 8" or 10". Then if I have room spatially and or wattagely, I will throw another one in there somewhere. I'd like to put it under the rear seat. Should I go get dimensions?

Well ****. Guess I'd better go passive, wait until my balls drop, spend some money and buy the active stuff you guys actually should be suggesting.
For now... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif What do you guys suggest I do with my sub enclosure/position situation? I can build whatever box, I am confident in my wood working abilities. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boobiez.gif.bcca53c4e1c9539300cad4d7d1b9dd4d.gif

I would like to stick with one 8" or 10". Then if I have room spatially and or wattagely, I will throw another one in there somewhere. I'd like to put it under the rear seat. Should I go get dimensions?
get dimensions and hit up some of the guys who make box designs on here. They can draw you up some sketches with cutouts dimensions

RARE JBL GTQ 400 Powerful Vintage Amplifier Works Perfect 14 Day Return NR | eBayBA amp for SQ for mids and highs, and you can run 3ch mode till you find a dedicated amp for subs,this has a fan in it also, to run cool/when Concord just sold out to JBL/HarmonKardon..amp can be ran @ a 6ch mode also/under rated
Mannnn what year is that amp. **** thing looks like something Prince had on his motorcycle. Is it really worth the money audiobaun? That sum a beeoch going to fart out a little smoke when I put a current to it... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fart.gif.9285a21c4a53b1a914c9dedbfcf9d894.gif $70 plus $20 for shipping = $90 75 x 4 RMS. The CSA1000.4 is $75 150 x 4 RMS. I know I am missing something here for you to put your name on it, please tell me what it is.

I trust your judgement. I am goofing around. The Cadence CWM6's are 100 rms 4 ohms. The amp puts out 75 rms 4 ohms, will this be enough? What will be left over for the sub. I read I should get a 4 ohm sub for SQ? But, this will limit the amount of power I will be able to get to it since I am being cheap and not putting enough power to them right?

I have a bench seat up front. No center console... You mean build a box and set that **** sub right beside me! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif lol. Or am I just we tard ed for thinking that's what you meant?
Yes sir..done all the time

I thought you were going SQ,and cheap?That jbl,is HarmonKardon made,and is Underated @11.9v@75x4,up to 16v?Thats continuous Clean/Clear power,and that Cadence ill bet may be approx 60%effecient?Maybe?And 14.4v rating?Over rated rating at that.Have you ever seen a digital TV go out?or heard of one?And still see your Gramps still watching an old Tube TV,?Digital last so long,Like the new TV last so many hours?Why doesnt the older TVs gone out?Hmm wonder why my 15-20yr old amps are still shelling out the juice?The TDH on alot of the older amps were @0.01%-0.05,and the DB ranged from 95-113 ,and most now maybe 100,SStreams are still at 100+.I know my JBL amp will perform just fine for another 10 yrs, maybe more.There is nothing wrong with running at any ohm load on the sub, as long as its clean,though you b4gin to become more distorted as you drop ohm loads from what I have read?I run 2ohms mono and 2ohms stereo in my truck,and 1ohm mono,and 4ohms stereo in my Honda CRV(soon hopefully to get to 2ohms)Yet, Its just nature of the beast with what vehicle you are working with to get the best sound, of placement of the speakers/subs, and sound deadning/road noise,and good quality low distorted made amps.Good speakers and subs.

You want to be CHEAP, and get good Quality amps, you can find some excellent Used amps with scratches on it that will still perform Flawless,and better than most amps of todays choices,at a CrackHead price.Or you can buy New, and Cheap, and sacrifice for quality/sound/and performance,that an older amp can surpass,and get your moneys worth.I am only making recommendations, as to your SQ wantings/needs, and for Cheapies.Alpine Duo-B amps are still to me some of the Best SQ amps ever made.Concord Digital Reference series,JBL GTQ series,and Hifonics VII/VIII series,and the others I have mentioned before.Take a look at some Polk Audio speakers,maybe JBL,for budget minded speakers.I ran some polk DB 6.5 in my truck for a bit, and in the CRV,and with 50 watts rms,they sounded very nice.If you really want to go SQ, you cant go cheap to get great sound.A friend of mine is involved with SQ/MECCA,and one set of tweeters were $300 bucks

You want to be CHEAP, and get good Quality amps, you can find some excellent Used amps with scratches on it that will still perform Flawless,and better than most amps of todays choices,at a CrackHead price.Or you can buy New, and Cheap, and sacrifice for quality/sound/and performance,that an older amp can surpass,and get your moneys worth.I am only making recommendations, as to your SQ wantings/needs, and for Cheapies.Alpine Duo-B amps are still to me some of the Best SQ amps ever made.Concord Digital Reference series,JBL GTQ series,and Hifonics VII/VIII series,and the others I have mentioned before.Take a look at some Polk Audio speakers,maybe JBL,for budget minded speakers.I ran some polk DB 6.5 in my truck for a bit, and in the CRV,and with 50 watts rms,they sounded very nice.If you really want to go SQ, you cant go cheap to get great sound.A friend of mine is involved with SQ/MECCA,and one set of tweeters were $300 bucks
I will be bidding on the JBL GTQ you suggested audiobaun. Your logic is sound. If I lose the bid, how much for your GTQ?

"and one set of tweeters were $300 bucks"

Geeessh. My ears wouldn't know the difference. Like a crackhead drinking a fine wine instead of Irish Rose, he just thinks it's all good because it'll get him drunk lol.

I will be bidding on the JBL GTQ you suggested audiobaun. Your logic is sound. If I lose the bid, how much for your GTQ?
Ill PM you on it,and be more than fair..On an amp that was $429.00 new for me,when I bought 2 of them, and 2-200 at the same time for a setup

"and one set of tweeters were $300 bucks"
Geeessh. My ears wouldn't know the difference. Like a crackhead drinking a fine wine instead of Irish Rose, he just thinks it's all good because it'll get him drunk lol.
Yes sir $300 bucks, and a set of 6.5 components around $1200 bucks.He runs 3way ACTIVE using Gladden amps,or Masconi.Alot going on with that ride, but man, it sounds amazing Ill tell you that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.