Sundown SD 10" pushed by polk pa1000 amp, quick question, help!

gator1873
10+ year member

I purchased 2 sundown sd10" woofers, and my installer (local shop) sold me on a polk audio pa1000 amp, I am not an expert but I think the woofers need more power?? There 500 rms, and sound like there begging for more power in my truck??

any input would be great

Did you run subs before these? Because 2 10's in a smaller, sealed box isn't going to have an amazing amount of output. That amp puts out around 1200 rms so the subs be seeing plenty of power. And why downfiring if you don't mind me asking? It's in a trunk right?

Its in a truck, chevy 1500 ext cab.. My installer did a bait and switch, told me he was and could do a great front firing box, without extending past the seat, then said it couldnt be done and downfire was the only way to go...

Looks like the only way to get alot of sound out of my truck is to remove the back seat and put a monster of a box back there...??

Well the first amp went out (new) shop replaced with another new polk amp (new) and speakers sound ok, but nothing to amazing. I guess I need to take the back seat out and do like 6 15" woofers..lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.