Read a TON from you guys. Hoping for some input please.

So many people on this site will tell you to buy a box from a vendor. I never took that route myself and even built the box for my first system. A box is the hardest part of the build if you have no clue what to do buying suggest reading and trying your own. Worst comes to worst , your out 30-40 bucks, not bad.

If you decide you want a box from a vendor I suggest @double 07 ; Brian makes some beautiful enclosures.

For a good sq sub, I think that the Arc Flatlines sound really nice,that a good friend of mine had.Fir getting a decent enclosure made and get some nice sound/output,Id look into a center console box made, sealed, or I myself like Ported.Two tens, or a single 12,maybe a few 8s,generally do a nice job.as stated, I really havent seen anything in your post about any real SQ gear.For Components, Id look at some Polk Audio/Image Dymnamics/CDT/maybe JBL,that are budget minded..I know there are several others out there.Buying used older school amps,you can gain very nice deals with SQ along with some REAL power.Zed Made amps for starters,Alpine Duo-b,Sony ES,JBL GTQ,Concord/harmon Kardon/ADS,list goes on..Just have to do some searching.Id run @2ohms on a sub/subs for SQ/SQL, is my preference.Im running a Kenwood X396, and is a inexpensive unit, and work great for the money, in my daily ride.

Because Sony head units are terribly made, it's his opinion on it and it's certainly not wrong. Didn't read everything, but did you have a budget in mind? I know you said you're going for SQ, but nothing you listed really lean towards SQ
Someone on here suggested a similar model Sony, I drive an hour to work and just bought a vehicle which had a tape player in it. My local shop was running a sale and getting rid of that older model Sony, so spur of the moment I bought it. It's funny I'm defending it, I have always hated anything car audio from Sony.

Budget SQ... lol. I know the things I have listed are not the top picks. I just started a job and drive an hour to work. Pays pretty well, but I will be paid monthly so it will take a little bit for the money to "pile" up. I am wanting my cake and eating it too. I guess I wanted to get budget stuff at the moment and if it went well then sell the items and upgrade piece by piece. A continuing project for my idle hands.

Comps $100

Sub $100 8" or 10" or whatever you guys suggest. Under the rear seat of the truck kind of limits my options huh? Everyone on here gave rave reviews for the SA E8v3 and said it was a good SQ and SPL balanced sub. Is this true?

Amp $100 Could I use a 4 channel, 2 to comps and bridge to sub? Do you think it would be more wise to get a 2 channel for the fronts for now, one that is big enough I could turn the gain down and add better comps later? Then I could take my time on building a box and watch on here or ask you nice people to point me in the right direction for a used monoblock? BTW are those amps I chose not a good selection (that Cadence is garbage right)?

[quote name='Lowflyin']So many people on this site will tell you to buy a box from a vendor. I never took that route myself and even built the box for my first system. A box is the hardest part of the build if you have no clue what to do buying suggest reading and trying your own. Worst comes to worst , your out 30-40 bucks, not bad.

If you decide you want a box from a vendor I suggest @double 07 ; Brian makes some beautiful enclosures.[/QUOTE]

I know right! I built my boxes when I was 16. It was easy with all the trunk space I had. Back then I was really into SPL and seem to have a lot more money to blow... It was easy when I didn't have any bills, rent, mature things to pay for. Man I wish I was a kid again. Lol

Someone on here suggested a similar model Sony, I drive an hour to work and just bought a vehicle which had a tape player in it. My local shop was running a sale and getting rid of that older model Sony, so spur of the moment I bought it. It's funny I'm defending it, I have always hated anything car audio from Sony.
Budget SQ... lol. I know the things I have listed are not the top picks. I just started a job and drive an hour to work. Pays pretty

well, but I will be paid monthly so it will take a little bit for the money to "pile" up. I am wanting my cake and eating it too. I guess I wanted to get budget stuff at the moment and if it went well then sell the items and upgrade piece by piece. A continuing project for my idle hands.

Comps $100

Sub $100 8" or 10" or whatever you guys suggest. Under the rear seat of the truck kind of limits my options huh? Everyone on here gave rave reviews for the SA E8v3 and said it was a good SQ and SPL balanced sub. Is this true?

Amp $100 Could I use a 4 channel, 2 to comps and bridge to sub? Do you think it would be more wise to get a 2 channel for the fronts for now, one that is big enough I could turn the gain down and add better comps later? Then I could take my time on building a box and watch on here or ask you nice people to point me in the right direction for a used monoblock? BTW are those amps I chose not a good selection (that Cadence is garbage right)?
For comps those cadence will suit you well, especially for the price. No need for rear fill n save the money towards something else, maybe higher end comps. Don't have experience with sundown but I can say that it is not geared for SQ and you might not be able to fit a box for it under the truck, they like big boxes. 8s and 10s can be had for relatively cheap if you look around.

4 channel amp is your best bet n do exactly what you said. Run the two front channel for your comps and bridge the rear channels for your sub. For that price it's bet to go used or CL. n the cadence amps are decent from what I've heard

You can work with that Sony head unit for now,and will be fine for now,.You can build a center console box for a 10/12 to sit directly in the seat itself.alot of MECCA guys do that, and sounds fantastic,Id look at like an older amp to run your sub, like an Autotek BTS/MeanMachine/Hifonics VII//VIII Series @2ohms,and find like an Alpine Doe-B 3523-on up for your Mids and Highs,or like a JBL GTQ 200/400,USA US Acoustics Series II 2075,2050,2100,2150..You can find older BA amps for $40 on up, that will out perform most of the newer amps in SQ, and power,for the money.For example=http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpine-3550-Amplifier-/261169502455?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item3cceea58f7

For comps those cadence will suit you well, especially for the price. No need for rear fill n save the money towards something else, maybe higher end comps. Don't have experience with sundown but I can say that it is not geared for SQ and you might not be able to fit a box for it under the truck, they like big boxes. 8s and 10s can be had for relatively cheap if you look around.
4 channel amp is your best bet n do exactly what you said. Run the two front channel for your comps and bridge the rear channels for your sub. For that price it's bet to go used or CL. n the cadence amps are decent from what I've heard
Thank you for your help Dragnix.

Has anyone used the Cadence Momentum Series CSA amps before?

RARE JBL GTQ 400 Powerful Vintage Amplifier Works Perfect 14 Day Return NR | eBayBA amp for SQ for mids and highs, and you can run 3ch mode till you find a dedicated amp for subs,this has a fan in it also, to run cool/when Concord just sold out to JBL/HarmonKardon..amp can be ran @ a 6ch mode also/under rated
AWESOME! Thank you very much for your help audiobaun. 12 years ago I sported two cerwin vega 12's and an old school shiny chrome Autotek Mean Machine. Rattled my teeth loose. Now I just want something I can enjoy on my ride to work. Nothing fancy, best bang for the buck, kind of a practice run then hopefully get to half of the level you guys are on. I listen to different music now and would like to go the route of SQ, but my ears wouldn't really know the difference so please keep the awesome info coming on best bang for the buck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

BTW... I really hate buying from eBay. I have had some unfortunate things happen in the past. Do you guys do this often? Hold me and tell me I'll be ok?

AWESOME! Thank you very much for your help audiobaun. 12 years ago I sported two cerwin vega 12's and an old school shiny chrome Autotek Mean Machine. Rattled my teeth loose. Now I just want something I can enjoy on my ride to work. Nothing fancy, best bang for the buck, kind of a practice run then hopefully get to half of the level you guys are on. I listen to different music now and would like to go the route of SQ, but my ears wouldn't really know the difference so please keep the awesome info coming on best bang for the buck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
BTW... I really hate buying from eBay. I have had some unfortunate things happen in the past. Do you guys do this often? Hold me and tell me I'll be ok?
I have only had a couple of issues in past 10 yrs on ebay.I have several amps that Ive been collecting for quite some time as well.even this 400 that Ive mentioned.Wont be as cheap as that one, but not a pocket breaker, and welcome to check my feed backs on here,as well as Ebay

eh, shit happens. If you wanna do SQ, you gotta go active //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
I started out this journey with active in mind... I don't mind a challenge, but man that seems like running before you can crawl.

I have only had a couple of issues in past 10 yrs on ebay.I have several amps that Ive been collecting for quite some time as well.even this 400 that Ive mentioned.Wont be as cheap as that one, but not a pocket breaker, and welcome to check my feed backs on here,as well as Ebay
If it goes out in a month am I SOL?

That JBL 400 you mentioned is from you? I am at work and they block ebay.

no, the jbl that was mentioned on ebay, is one i found at a great deal,but i do have one, and a gts600 also that is clean as hell..i also have a pdf file that has all the specs, and wiring configurations for that 400.If you are wanting to go sq, it is an excellent amp,that most $150,on up amps, that still may not give you the performance that this one can deliver,with fan cool even.you can run an entire vehicle off of it,no problem..great amps!I prob have around 30+ old school amps though

ive never had a jbl fry,or ever kick the bucket,even sitting for a couple years,and hooking them back up..they are built like tanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.