RE subs, WTF is the SX on the web.

eviljin
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Miami
Budget is not the issue. Please give some suggestions on which RE sub will suit my needs. Why is the SX series not on their website? What is SX, cross between SE and XXX? Please explain. I need a daily driving sub to pair with my Hifonics 1000D.

its a replacement for the HC... its 1000w rms dual 2ohm voice coils so its an excelent pair for your amp... actually im gettin that same combo soon... very soon

It's DID replace the HC line, but it is not really anywhere near the same woofer. it is RE's entry line SPL sub, will get real loud...i'd say about 65-45 or 70-30 SPL-SQ. But yeah, good sub. good luck, peace

NG

Thanks for the reply. So is this sub comparable to XXX when it comes down to SQ? The only reason why I am not going with XXX is because it is back-ordered for a month. Isn't HC the loudest of the RE subs?

I questioned RE the other day about the new SX line. It has been stated by them, that the XXX has more everything than the HC/SX. More SPL.. more SQ.. more power handling.

I remember there was some controversy a few months back, about the the XXX having more SQ than the HC, but less SPL.

Bill T.

Long Live RE...

HC line did alot, but not enough for people. They were designed for ported box tuned low I believe. The SE's got louder and the XXX's sounded better. You could have got a SeXXX for the same price that was louder too.

The SX is the replacement.It owns.Simple.

SE=good sq good spl

SX=meh sq gnaryl spl

XXX=really good sq crazy spl

MT=bad sq makes you **** yourself spl

Thanks for all the help. I have the 15" D2 on pre-ordered. ****k everything I want it loud and deep. Hopefully this sub will be able to hang with my Trance and slow beat jams with TIGHT azz bass.

the XXX back ordered for a month?? **** that *****.
Motors on backorder. Affects the whole XXX line from 10-18. Mine should get to me just when I am ready for it. Gives me time to get home build the box, install the amps and comps and have everything to wire it up and bolt it in when it shows up. :up2someth

On a related note to the original poster's question...Is RE ever going to update their website? The Flash looks cool and all but it makes navigating the site a pain and a half IMO and takes forever to load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.