RE-installation help PICS!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

hulkboy

tx
alright so old HU was stolen got a used replacement and, now have no idea what im doing. old unit was installed prior to me owning and it looks pretty "rigged" shop wanted 300 for parts and labor but i KNOW thats not right.. would like to try an tackle myself w your help.. i am not electrical savvy by any means but i do have a camera to snap pics.. its off a 06 ram 2500 btw. it says infinity but i know i havent had steering wheel controls for as long as ive owned the truck

this is the female end that was connected to the other male end that come out of the dash (notice the wire splicing)

1118101329-00.jpg

closer view of splicing. i assume the other end of this yellow was plugged in before theft

r2.jpg

i have 2 of these im not sure what they are for?

you can see the male end i was talking about that the above pictured female end was mated with, you can also see the wires for my subs amp and speakers..

r1.jpg

here is what harness is on the back of the HU.. you can see the red black and yellow from the the power. as well as the female end of what was off a subaru.. is there any way i can splice the red black and yellow wires from my dash to the red black and yellow wires to HU.. i assume thats what was previously done and it worked for the 2yrs that ive owned the trk.. then plug all the other stuff in and hope it works? there is also a blue spliced wire coming out the dash too that doesnt appear to have been plugged into anything unless im missing something?

r8.jpg

the blue wire is remote turn-on - maybe for the factory amp. that needs to be connected.

what else has been replaced? are the speakers stock? why do you have RCA's at the dash? Is there an aftermarket amp?

If it were me, i'd start over. don't try to mend what is there. you need to trace every wire to know where it connects, and ensure proper fusing and connections. it may have worked, but it may have been a hazard.

find out where all of the wires go - #1.

it has a JL audio amp and 2 JL subs under the rear seat.. the red white and yellow go to my flip down screen for the passengers. the blue wires go to the amp and speakers i believe? the factory amp is is no longer in use.. took it to a diff shop today and they said i could use a cheap harness since infinity amp and steering controls arent used.. still said it would cost about 130 total. that seem like a decent price for the install.. sure beats 300..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.