Re Components Vs Pioneer Premier Ts-d720c

I have the pioneer premiers, and LOVE them.

I've used various infinity component sets, and my last set was the polk MOMO mmc6500's. The pioneers blew all of them out of the water, no contest.

Take note that the polks and premiers were in triple deadened doors with a layer of ensolite as well though, so that may have had an effect in performance.

I've never used the RE components, but im planning on buying some for a HT setup. They have great reviews just as the pioneers do

Really, you cant go wrong with either, but im going to go ahead and say get the pioneers because i was amazed at how well they sound with what they cost. I didnt expect half the output they provide.

how many watts did you have on them and what was your crossover on your amp at
Right now, i have my amp tuned to be pushing about 55-57RMS at 55/62 volume on my headunit (speakers are rated for 60RMS)

I can turn the volume all the way up (62/62) and there is no distortion, and this is with the mid's playing all the way down to 40hz.

Im planning to do some testing with some more power when i get some extra time, but so far, it seems like the mids (when playing all the way down to 40hz) like right around 55-65RMS, but the tweeters can handle more.

Just another vote for the pioneers.

I have them and love them. I have a 75x4 amp on them front stage and they sound great. It's an auidobahn amp, so who knows real power. They sounded markedly better than the tsa 6.5s in my other car which was being powered by a 40x4 alpine. I've since upgraded to 75 w kicker in that car and now they sound better. I'm sure with a little more pure power like the kicker has the tsds would be amazing.

Very smooth tweeters and decent mid punch.

Can't comment on the RE

pioneers without a doubt. they can handle 100-120 watts each no problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I love my Pioneers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Can't comment on the RE's since I haven't heard them before, but my Pioneers sound amazing with 90W RMS. I had a Cadence set before them, and there is no comparison between the two. Also have heard rsd's, and the Pioneers sounded better hands down.....

pioneers without a doubt. they can handle 100-120 watts each no problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
REALLY?!

do you know this from personal experience?

If so, im definately gonna be feeding mine more power.

Are you guys that are running over 100rms to them running active? Because I ran 75rms passive on the crossovers and they didn't seem to like it. Would shut down on me.

Overall an awesome set! I loved mine and I have been through probably 20 componet sets in my day and these are up there as one of my favorites for sure. I wish I could have tried them active.

They are so good, I may get another set down the road as I just sold the ones I had, due to finical hardships.

Never heard the RE's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.