RE Audio XXX 15 ***** balls.. Why???

I'll have it on a Sundown 100.4... I'm not sure on what frequency... I'm just getting my new setup planned because I'm getting a new car. I'll have 2 12" MT's tuned to 32 in the back of the Sequoia.
Will you be adding a dedicated mid to an already existing 2-way setup, or are you want to do a custom 3-way? If you want just raw 50-200hz output, and can afford a 4" deep 8" woofer, then the Peerless sls8 is the way to go at ~$120 for the pair.

Newer XXX's are garbage compared to the older stuff. Newer RE is garbage compared to older stuff, only people that will disgaree are those who run newer RE and never tried older RE.

I have Phoenix gold zero point 6/4/1, running off a phoenix gold ms2125. My wife says, "you got subs in the doors?".. So a good set of mids up front isn't the issue here.

scenario: so your listening to a mind thrashing song, let's say the bass is hammering down on you at 140db steady, here comes the best part of the song - thunderous kick drum from hell, -- but nothing, only the mids to take up the slack that the expensive beast of a sub can't handle. Seriously, are the mids going to make up for the 140db or even 20db close to what I was just experiencing.. Hell no.

I had a alpine dddrive sub. SQ, it played up to 70 no problem.. Kenwood kfcxw1300dvc, no problem, juggernaut- won't play low, but hammers everything else. 2 pg xmax 10's in a bandpass box played everything I threw at it.. SPL Mules- now the second worst subs I have owned, had more frequency response than the 15 xxx. I could go on all day. Bottom line, all the above, affordable, everybody has one subwoofers, outperform the xxx where it matters. What did I pay for?

re states

"Designed to be the ultimate in sonic performance and output, the XXX SERIES truly is engineered for excess"

20-48 hz is ultimate? Before and after there is NO output. I can fart louder @50hz, than this sub can do at full volume.

I finally got around to sealing up my ported box for my XXX 15". All I can say is wow. The output volume isn't as loud as when it was ported but sealed sounds a lot better. No more nasty peaks around ~40hz and MUCH better low end. The sub also blends a lot better with my mids and highs now. I also can't believe the excursion this sub has in a large sealed box. The sub never jumped this high in the ported box it was in. Sealed definitely is the way to go with this sub......unless you have room for a huge 20hz tuned ported box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.