local shop installs deck and 4channel amp. Why did they connect harness AND RCA's ??

Participant count
  • Participant list

sdmtnbiker420
10+ year member

GAME 4 SALE
Hey guys.

I was looking over my system today and I realized that the shop that installed my deck, 4channel amp, and door speakers (all at the same time) not only did the RCA's, but also fully wired up the harness (that normally goes to stock speaker wiring).

the stock speaker wires go to the bose amp, which was bypassed by the shop.

So if i'm only using the pre-outs for sound, did they wire up the 4 speakers on the harness for nothing??

Could these be robbing my deck of any power? (i assume that no but i want to be sure)

Is this fairly normal for a shop to do? Wire up the full harness even when they dont use the speaker wires?

Hey guys.
I was looking over my system today and I realized that the shop that installed my deck, 4channel amp, and door speakers (all at the same time) not only did the RCA's, but also fully wired up the harness (that normally goes to stock speaker wiring).

the stock speaker wires go to the bose amp, which was bypassed by the shop.

So if i'm only using the pre-outs for sound, did they wire up the 4 speakers on the harness for nothing??

Could these be robbing my deck of any power? (i assume that no but i want to be sure)

Is this fairly normal for a shop to do? Wire up the full harness even when they dont use the speaker wires?
Are you talking about on the back of the deck? Yeah of course they wired up the full thing. Everyone does that because if they touch ground, blown deck. If they touch each other, blown deck. It would be absolutely stupid to leave them dangling, and just lazy not to hook them up. If you're talking about the high level inputs on your amp, THAT wouldn't make any sense if they are using rcas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.