RE Audio SR vs IDQ v.2

im hestitant to go ported since i dont want to take up my whole trunk space. however i been reading on this forum that people with idq in a sealed box end up goin ported down the run. tough decision

I had an RE SR 15" in a 2.65Ft^3 enclosure tuned to 35Hz, and it was loud & clear. I even put about 800WRMS to it. I wish I would never traded it for the prefab box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif Oh well. I say go with it. I have no idea what the IDQ sounds like, nor the price of it, so I can't do a comparison.

It's a design for a ported enclosure to sit as close to the hatch as possible. That's what I needed to save as much room for my bike.

It's around 1.5 cubes tuned to 30hz and it's pretty **** nice for the sub. It sounds very nice and has a nice flat response. It's not the loudest sub out there but it has more than enough output to not blend well with my front stage.

i was think of going with a 15 inch idq v.2 but i dont think my trunk is big enough. i have to settle for a 12 inch now unless anybody else knows of a way i could fit a 15 inch idq with dimensions of 48 inches wide, 33 inches long, and 16 inches tall (my trunk dimensions) in a ported box.

**** i just called up like 5 places around my way that suppose to carrry image dynamics subs but they dont have none at all not even to listen to. then i went to go check out the RE audio but they only had the mx which is too much for my blood. **** this sux

I've only had idq10v.2 experience and that was one of the loveliest sounding sub's I've ever hear. I owned alot of jl's prior to that(no w7's) and I would try idq's for any sq needs from here on out. I was thinking about an '05 12" xxx for my king cab b2600i but I might go with 2 idq 15's since I don't need that much power for my little cab, daily driver. IDQ's just sound super smooth to me.

11h5a9t.png

That is 2.6 @31hz and it should be perfect for an IDQ 15. It will also fit very well in the hatch of an integra.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.