RE Audio SE12D4 or Alpine SWR-1242D

KawabungaZX6R
10+ year member

Hi, Im stuck in between two subs, RE Audio SE12D4 or the Alpine SWR-1242D. I want one that can get loud while still having pretty decent sound quality, nothing sloppy. It will be powered by a Alpine MRP-M500 (500w RMS @ 2ohms.) I listen to mainly Hip-Hop, Rock & very little R&B. For right now it will be in a 1.2^ft sealed enclosure until I can build a ported one 2.0^ft tuned at 32Hz. Which one would you guys recommend or is there any other ones priced around those subs that are better for what I need?

thanks alot for the quick replys, i went with the RE. Cant wait for it to arrive!!! I know it calls for a 1.0^ft sealed enclosure but will a 1.2^ft be ok for this sub for the mean time??

thanks alot for the quick replys, i went with the RE. Cant wait for it to arrive!!! I know it calls for a 1.0^ft sealed enclosure but will a 1.2^ft be ok for this sub for the mean time??
Yes. Depending on the kind of music you listen to, you may even prefer keeping the 1.2:fyi:

I'm about to build a 1.5ft3 for my RE SE12 after christmas. After plotting it out, the 1.5ft3 will render a lower extension, which is what I'm after.

BTW, I assume that 1.2ft3 that you currently have is including the sub displacement, no? If not, then since the SE12 has a .15ft3 displacement, your net enclosure size would yield a 1.05ft3 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Yes. Depending on the kind of music you listen to, you may even prefer keeping the 1.2:fyi:
I'm about to build a 1.5ft3 for my RE SE12 after christmas. After plotting it out, the 1.5ft3 will render a lower extension, which is what I'm after.

BTW, I assume that 1.2ft3 that you currently have is including the sub displacement, no? If not, then since the SE12 has a .15ft3 displacement, your net enclosure size would yield a 1.05ft3 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
No, its 1.2ft3 before sub displacement, so it will be 1.05ft3 after sub is installed....is that going to affect sound quality....i just want it to hit the lows well and get pretty loud while sounding crisp and clean and not bottoming out.....

No, its 1.2ft3 before sub displacement, so it will be 1.05ft3 after sub is installed....is that going to affect sound quality....i just want it to hit the lows well and get pretty loud while sounding crisp and clean and not bottoming out.....
Well, that's right on the money for RE specs.... loud-n-low and myself love low end extension and that's all I go for, that's why I'm building my enclosure so big. But either way, it should sound great!

If for some reason your not happy with the lows you can add pollyfill OR you can invert the sub, until you get a larger box. But remember, that box fits RE's reccomendations, so I'd bet money that you're going to be happy with it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.