re audio se

robertoyoung08
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area, ca
how good are they?

do they get pretty loud and stay clean?

just got a pair to replace my mx. but wondering how good theyl be. heard some good stuf about them, but looking for some more opinions. if not so i can go with something else.

wana get loud and get clean power, you guys think these will do?

i love mine but one has a slight rattle in it . For the life of me i can not figure out what is causing it I've had it out like 6 times trying to figure it out . I'm fairly sure as of now its the tinsel wire hitting the cone cause the coil looks like brand new . it rattled ever since i got it new from RE . so do any of you have any ideas what may be causing this noise?

i love mine but one has a slight rattle in it . For the life of me i can not figure out what is causing it I've had it out like 6 times trying to figure it out . I'm fairly sure as of now its the tinsel wire hitting the cone cause the coil looks like brand new . it rattled ever since i got it new from RE . so do any of you have any ideas what may be causing this noise?
That's weird, you would think the felt pads on the bottom of the cone would keep that noise to a min. Have you taken it out and played it free air to see if the tinsel is hitting the cone?

No haven't done that as of yet i didn't want risk damaging the sub. Now that you say that the felt pads would prevent that hum ill have to take it out tomorrow and see what i can find. I'm almost tempted to tear it apart and then recone it and see if that gets rid of it. The most annoying thing is knowing that it dose it even though you cant hear it once the trunk is shut . So hey how do your se

s sound at 30.5 hz

No haven't done that as of yet i didn't want risk damaging the sub. Now that you say that the felt pads would prevent that hum ill have to take it out tomorrow and see what i can find. I'm almost tempted to tear it apart and then recone it and see if that gets rid of it. The most annoying thing is knowing that it dose it even though you cant hear it once the trunk is shut . So hey how do your ses sound at 30.5 hz
I dunno yet, i built the box, and then my car has been in the shop since //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif Im hoping it will sound good though.

I am in the middle of a build putting 4 of these 10's in my truck. I honestly havent heard se's in person but I have heard these are pretty close to jl w6's but get a little louder and sound just as good. I think it will be a good daily driver sub for ya. How much power u gonna feed them?

. The most annoying thing is knowing that it dose it even though you cant hear it once the trunk is shut . So hey how do your ses sound at 30.5 hz
haha i know what you mean. i have some dumb **** noises like that. and even though once it gets loud i cant hear little things liket hat, i kno their there, so it annoys and bothers the **** outa me

I am in the middle of a build putting 4 of these 10's in my truck. I honestly havent heard se's in person but I have heard these are pretty close to jl w6's but get a little louder and sound just as good. I think it will be a good daily driver sub for ya. How much power u gonna feed them?
**** that'll be a nice build. got a build log? post some pics up when u get it done man. i just got a bandpass design for these two se's, mob helped me out with it. hopefully theyl get loud and sound clean. its what im looking for.

and good to hear these will be about as good as some w6's cus the w6's were my first choice and then decided on the se's since their much cheaper and i heard good things about them. but also never have heard them in person. cant wait to get them up and powered.

their going to be powered by a sundown sae 1200d. so bout 600 watts each.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.