RE Audio outsourced . No longer a quality product?

I bet anyone who trashes the new RE lineup has neither owned, or even heard it for themselves. Same T/S parameters even. Same cones with different shaped logos. The only difference is a new magnet cover and new basket.
I've owned the SE/x 15 D4, and it's the nicest 15 I've ever worked with, sealed or ported. I beat the crap out of it for over a year, and now my nephew is beating the crap out of it. It doesn't skip a beat, and it destroys the lows.
So only the 2 things that pretty much determine the mechanical limits of the subs has changed.....you're right no big deal.

I bet anyone who trashes the new RE lineup has neither owned, or even heard it for themselves. Same T/S parameters even. Same cones with different shaped logos. The only difference is a new magnet cover and new basket.
I've owned the SE/x 15 D4, and it's the nicest 15 I've ever worked with, sealed or ported. I beat the crap out of it for over a year, and now my nephew is beating the crap out of it. It doesn't skip a beat, and it destroys the lows.
Your noob is showing

The amount of power needed to actually push the new xxx would be beyond the coils and spiders limitations

The coils would contract to much heat and the spiders would tear on factory.

On rebuilt qith upgraded parts i still dontsee it...

Assembling drivers in China does not automatically make them crap -- it's when cheap labor AND cheap assembly techniques / parts are combined that you run into trouble. I haven't had my hands on any newer RE stuff to comment so I don't know if they went that route or not... long story short it is very possible to make a high quality and rugged product in China if you are willing to pay for it to be done.

The amount of power needed to actually push the new xxx would be beyond the coils and spiders limitations The coils would contract to much heat and the spiders would tear on factory.

On rebuilt qith upgraded parts i still dontsee it...
Excursion potential is not just determined by power input, enclosure size also affects it. Just because you will overheat the coils trying to cram a xxx in a tiny box in a compact car's trunk and get 54mm of excursion does not mean the spec is bogus.

As for the coil tearing, the xxx and all other current RE models are derived using a dumax machine. I dont see that you have proven it to be false.

So only the 2 things that pretty much determine the mechanical limits of the subs has changed.....you're right no big deal.
The basket, which consists of zero moving parts, and the magnet cover, which simply redirects air from the pole vent, wholly determine the mechanical limits?

You dont honestly think that that was the only brand on that list from asia.. right?
I kinda called that one out too.

Assembling drivers in China does not automatically make them crap -- it's when cheap labor AND cheap assembly techniques / parts are combined that you run into trouble. I haven't had my hands on any newer RE stuff to comment so I don't know if they went that route or not... long story short it is very possible to make a high quality and rugged product in China if you are willing to pay for it to be done.
I don't know why people see China and immediately think crap. Guess where 99.8% of your other electronics (that you swear by[people in general, not Jacob]). Oh, that's right; it's China, Korea, Indonesia. Definitely not America
The basket, which consists of zero moving parts, and the magnet cover, which simply redirects air from the pole vent, wholly determine the mechanical limits?
Of course, where have you been the last decade?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

QC is the important factor.. If you make a good product word will spread. I see it hard to spread in the car audio market without adverticing though.. How many titles does DD hold? How many car audio people have no idea who they are?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.