RE Audio outsourced . No longer a quality product?

tritiumglo

I was about to buy an RE SE12 over the JLW6. I was advised by a former dealer that RE is now garbage. RE outsourced to Asia. The the build and sound quality have taken a dive. I looked online at US Amps. The woofers have changed significantly in appearance. Is this true? Has RE lost it? Is the dealer just steering me away because they dont sell them anymore?

i wouldn't say trash, but nothing like the old re woofers. they are on the same scale now has higher end mainstream woofers. better than kicker and fosgate, but nowhere close to fi, aa, tc, dc, sundown or ia

I bet anyone who trashes the new RE lineup has neither owned, or even heard it for themselves. Same T/S parameters even. Same cones with different shaped logos. The only difference is a new magnet cover and new basket.

I've owned the SE/x 15 D4, and it's the nicest 15 I've ever worked with, sealed or ported. I beat the crap out of it for over a year, and now my nephew is beating the crap out of it. It doesn't skip a beat, and it destroys the lows.

tumblr_krzg0sSTFj1qzw9hbo1_400.png

I loved my old SX, and still own an old re8.

The newer ones dont feel as rugged. The older se was nice too.

The mt is very nicee. New.xxx is decent but id prefer OS.

The parameters cant be the same...

Sometimes the manufacturer fibs a bit.. Like the new xxx wuth 54 mmm of xmax i.believed they stated?

No chance.

I have an 10" RE SE, 10" RE SX, and 10" RE SXX all powered on a Cadence A7HC in vented boxes. the RE SXX is by far the better of the subwoofer, so im not sure what you all are talking about. The tensils seems better, the dust cover on the magnet is nicer, and it seems louder. Ill buy an SXX again

I have an 10" RE SE, 10" RE SX, and 10" RE SXX all powered on a Cadence A7HC in vented boxes. the RE SXX is by far the better of the subwoofer, so im not sure what you all are talking about. The tensils seems better, the dust cover on the magnet is nicer, and it seems louder. Ill buy an SXX again
Have you ever heard a DC level 4?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.