RE Audio 5000.1

bspeermint4

I have a guy that wants to trade an RE 5000.1 amp for my taramps 3000. Before I do anything I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with RE amps? I've heard thir subs before but never messed with the amps. It would be going on a sundown X15 d4 so I'd be pushing it at 2ohms for now. Any opinions or experience with these amps would be appreciated! I don't know if it's the ZTX series or XTX series

I have a guy that wants to trade an RE 5000.1 amp for my taramps 3000. Before I do anything I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with RE amps? I've heard thir subs before but never messed with the amps. It would be going on a sundown X15 d4 so I'd be pushing it at 2ohms for now. Any opinions or experience with these amps would be appreciated! I don't know if it's the ZTX series or XTX series
you are trading a 3k amp for a 2k amp. That 5000.1 is a BS number.

Oh I know those amps dont do close to 5k. I looked at the specs before I bought my taramps and figured they weren't even close to those numbers. Im underwhelmed with the taramp but I figured the RE wasnt any better. Just wanted to see some opinions. Thanks guys!

Oh I know those amps dont do close to 5k. I looked at the specs before I bought my taramps and figured they weren't even close to those numbers. Im underwhelmed with the taramp but I figured the RE wasnt any better. Just wanted to see some opinions. Thanks guys!
so the taramps felt weak? How's the full setup looking like? How is the head unit / amp settings looking like?

Well the box and everything isnt great. Its a sealed console box and stock head unit. I have a small capacitor for now and I just ordered a northstar battery to replace my stock. Sky high 1/0 wiring. But I have an orion cobalt 2400.1 2 ohm and I feel like its far superior to the taramps.

I would get rid of the capacitor and get an upgraded alternator if your having voltage drop. I cant comment on the taramps or the RE amps but i see ppl running the taramps and seems like there pretty good amps to run. Are you running a LOC off the stock head unit? If so it might be beneficial trying to adjust the settings on that, also how did you set the amp gains?

Also i would talk to CSCStang and get a custom box made for that sub itll do wonders in a ported enclosure if you have the room.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOC-Line Out Converter

You said stock head unit so i figured you dont have RCAs running to the back of it unless "Stock" is what came in the car when you bought it and you have RCA wires running from your amp to the back of the head unit. But i would drop the cap in the garbage because thats probably straining the amp but thats just what i would do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.