RE *** 15 inch box design

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boboblittz
10+ year member

USA
Hey guys, I've got an RE se X 15 inch sub and I was wondering if you had any general ideas for a box, i was thinking around 4 cubic foot ported tuned to 27hz but any ideas at all are appreciated.

Size doesn't necessarily matter but it will eventually be in the trunk or back seat of a 97 buick which should be sufficient enough room.

The manual says 4 cubes tuned to 34hz, but i want this thing to play low and loud without breaking itself. Also what tuning frequency would sound best for metal considering the weight of the cone, being a 15 inch?

I pretty much will listen to anything from heavy rap to heavy metal.

Thanks!

Hey guys, I've got an RE se X 15 inch sub and I was wondering if you had any general ideas for a box, i was thinking around 4 cubic foot ported tuned to 27hz but any ideas at all are appreciated.
Size doesn't necessarily matter but it will eventually be in the trunk or back seat of a 97 buick which should be sufficient enough room.

The manual says 4 cubes tuned to 34hz, but i want this thing to play low and loud without breaking itself. Also what tuning frequency would sound best for metal considering the weight of the cone, being a 15 inch?

I pretty much will listen to anything from heavy rap to heavy metal.

Thanks!
Danometal on here is a local guy, he's listens to metal and I've heard metal on his system. He's tuned about 25 hz or so I believe. Now you are going to lose high end on your rap songs tuning that low.

Danometal on here is a local guy, he's listens to metal and I've heard metal on his system. He's tuned about 25 hz or so I believe. Now you are going to lose high end on your rap songs tuning that low.
How badly will the high end rolloff so to speak, because eventually im going to add a 10 inch to the bunch but until then would 60 hz still be "loud" compared to factory 6x9s?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.