RD audio vs. DC audio

I don't know the numbers on a larger scale but from what I see at the shop, people bring back more DD subs for warranty than they do Massive audio subs. I actually think it's cuz people think they can put 3k on a 3512 for daily use because "THEY HAVE A DD" lol

I don't know the numbers on a larger scale but from what I see at the shop, people bring back more DD subs for warranty than they do Massive audio subs. I actually think it's cuz people think they can put 3k on a 3512 for daily use because "THEY HAVE A DD" lol
The return rate for DD is less then 3%

PM me your dealers info, if they are selling people incorrect product for the application that is dealer error not product error.

Shop told me I SHOULD run 3512s instead of 9512s with 3k daily...

These guys built a burban to do 60s on music(different brand), they know what they're talking about, I just think they have too much faith in DD.
If they are pushing the 3500 series instead of a 9500 with you power they need more education on the product and how to sell it.

Atomic is not solely for spl... i called them to order recones and the first thing they asked is if it was for spl, daily, or both... and i dont have loyalty persay formyself becuase i have about 20 secs of playtime on atomic/rd subs.. i was referred to them by a guy who currently holds world records and titles. I was considering giving dd a try, (i think the lower lines are great for output and the price), and i told him and he about came through the phone and guaranteed me they 9500 series would not hold a candle to the atomic subs in my daily/spl setup. Needless to say im not going to say who the person is but i guarantee you know the name and he knows more then either of us.. I am fairly new to serious competeing (not audio in general) and i have called, texted, talk to LOTS of epople with LOTS of records and titles and there have been a few different brands thrown around when talking and not one time was DD ever mentioned... Thats great you think they can keep up.. but all the guys with the records and titles tell me other wise.. i have no doubt the Z can .. but i can get 4 18s for the price of 1 Z.. and ill take cone area for the win alex...

I think once you stick around the lanes for a while and talk to more people your ideas will change a good amount. Again, I'm not saying RD/Atomic are bad, but it has been proven over many years that DD(non spl built) subs can and do keep up with all other subs. In fact over the years DD has set more records then any other sub woofer manufacturer. That is not even a disputed fact.

Again, I'm not saying RD is bad, and I'm not saying DD is the end all sub. I'm just saying that they do keep up and will take the power.

SPL is a bad place to claim what sub is better though. As stated before each setup is completely different and each sub will perform night and different in each application. Drop in tests don't even mean anything in the lanes. Just because Joe was .1 DB louder with brand x then with brand y, does it mean it will be that way for everyone. I have see cheap subs (under 100 each) out do more "spl" type subs many times.

I think once you stick around the lanes for a while and talk to more people your ideas will change a good amount. Again, I'm not saying RD/Atomic are bad, but it has been proven over many years that DD(non spl built) subs can and do keep up with all other subs. In fact over the years DD has set more records then any other sub woofer manufacturer. That is not even a disputed fact.
Again, I'm not saying RD is bad, and I'm not saying DD is the end all sub. I'm just saying that they do keep up and will take the power.

SPL is a bad place to claim what sub is better though. As stated before each setup is completely different and each sub will perform night and different in each application. Drop in tests don't even mean anything in the lanes. Just because Joe was .1 DB louder with brand x then with brand y, does it mean it will be that way for everyone. I have see cheap subs (under 100 each) out do more "spl" type subs many times.
i have no doubt DD will be a serious competitor and your right .. the right builder could set records with type r's.. and it wouldnt surprise me if dd had more records.. most of the records are set at local shows where guys doing a 145 in an extreme class are "state champs" .. im talking WORLD RECORDs

i have no doubt DD will be a serious competitor and your right .. the right builder could set records with type r's.. and it wouldnt surprise me if dd had more records.. most of the records are set at local shows where guys doing a 145 in an extreme class are "state champs" .. im talking WORLD RECORDs
I'm talking world records as well. Lol they have set more world records then any other company. I think you forget how long I have apart of this industry and been in the lanes haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.