RD audio vs. DC audio

you've already gotten this answer... read people's posts and base an opinion off of it from that. I was a sales rep for RD and I wouldn't touch their products as I said. my 2 cents.

go from there.
I agree, just read and make your OWN choice. We all can say what we want but it will end in what you want.

Personally I like the company with the lowest return rate and that has been proven to be at the top for years. So with in your two choices I say "other" haha.

Sometimes you talk out of your ass. The Level 4 is a great SQ woofer if done properly. They were on par with the Image Dynamics ID series. Im sure you dont know SQ if it hits you in the face though.
sounds like someone else and spl.. lets do the best we can tot urn it into an sq discussion so you might have the upper hand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

wow...i created one hell of a discussion here haha. But for those who were asking, at the time I wanted to know which one of those two specific subs are better over all( SPL wise and somewhat SQ, whatever little amount of SQ they have...). But now out of curiosity..... Im tryin to find the real winner between these two companies, product wise and customer service. Also, how does RD compare to other "top dog" company's???
depends on who you talk with.. you can call dc 3 times about the same sub and if you talk to 3 different people you will get 3 different prices... might as well call up and get some prices on the subs you are looking at.. price has to be a factor.. might help you out with your decision.. either way i think you will get what your looking for fromt he sound of it..

my 20k+ rms im running cares.. DD does not make a sub other then probly the Z that i would not smoke... and what do they cost??? and i can get an 18" HW and take it all day and cost me 400 bucks... simple as that
DD dealers would argue with you. I was trying to test them against my Xs just to see if they compared, and they tried to talk me down a series. I was putting 1500w each on a 12 at 6cu each tuned to 36hz. They said I should do a 3512 lol. Had I done that I would have smoked them in a week.

DD dealers would argue with you. I was trying to test them against my Xs just to see if they compared, and they tried to talk me down a series. I was putting 1500w each on a 12 at 6cu each tuned to 36hz. They said I should do a 3512 lol. Had I done that I would have smoked them in a week.
There's a DD dealer right down the street from me

And I hang around there a lot

Of the time. I have seen them do a lot of installs and to be honest Iv just never been that impressed with any DD. I mean they are great subs but the price is just ridiculous. I know they supposedly use special coils and whatnot but from what I have seen they aren't that spectacular. Plus the people that work there seem to put put wayy to much faith into these subs when it comes to power handling like everyone else.

There's a DD dealer right down the street from meAnd I hang around there a lot

Of the time. I have seen them do a lot of installs and to be honest Iv just never been that impressed with any DD. I mean they are great subs but the price is just ridiculous. I know they supposedly use special coils and whatnot but from what I have seen they aren't that spectacular. Plus the people that work there seem to put put wayy to much faith into these subs when it comes to power handling like everyone else.
Well like I said, the dealer I know was almost retarded with the handling he was attributing to the lower end of the spectrum of DD. I'm with you, I've ran into multiple DD setups that had more cone area, on more power, tuned higher than me and couldn't hit the same numbers, nor could beat daily with me; and all I have are lolKickers

There's a DD dealer right down the street from meAnd I hang around there a lot

Im right down the road from THE DD warehouse and Their subs just do not stack up as far as spl goes.. i know alot fo epople that do big numbers with em.. but if your running tons of power like i am the only sub they make that will take it is the Z and you got to pay 2k to think about getting a z 18. when i can get an atomic apx/RD hw that will take it all day for 400 bucks.. and they have an apxx thats above that with a 4" coil.. they got some videos of them free airing an apx on a light socket, and doing the math it comes out to 26,000 watts rms and it beats like a champ... even shorted out the extension cord...

DD never built a SPL sub. They just build better quality subwoofers with better parts. I'm not saying RD/Atomic is horrible, but I am saying DD has been on top for 15+ years and has stayed there. Other companies come and go as always. RD/Atomic has a huge return/recone rate on top of that, which is something DD does not have.

SPL boils down to the sub that works for YOUR application. Drop in tests mean nothing in that respect. If you were to rebuild your setup and make it for a 9500 or Z series you would be able to be louder then the RD if you just dropped the RDs in. I'm not saying one sub is louder then other, I'm simply saying that SPL lanes are in no way a place to say that sub A is better then sub B as that is no indication of anything except that a loud car was built around the car and product used.

DD never built a SPL sub. They just build better quality subwoofers with better parts. I'm not saying RD/Atomic is horrible, but I am saying DD has been on top for 15+ years and has stayed there. Other companies come and go as always. RD/Atomic has a huge return/recone rate on top of that, which is something DD does not have.

SPL boils down to the sub that works for YOUR application. Drop in tests mean nothing in that respect. If you were to rebuild your setup and make it for a 9500 or Z series you would be able to be louder then the RD if you just dropped the RDs in. I'm not saying one sub is louder then other, I'm simply saying that SPL lanes are in no way a place to say that sub A is better then sub B as that is no indication of anything except that a loud car was built around the car and product used.
well u just said it... DD doesnt make an spl sub.. so why would they have a high recone rate.. people buy rd to throw crazy wattage to it.. so obviously they would have a higher recone rate.... and cmon man.. you have been around it enough to know the guys that do this are not about to spend thousands of dollars and hours to run a sub that is not going to give them the best numbers.. not hardlt y any of the big boys are building setups for DD.. ill give you maybe DD is a better daily ground pounder.. but in compeition and the lanes your kidding yourself to evenm mention dds name with RD

This.

nG.

well u just said it... DD doesnt make an spl sub.. so why would they have a high recone rate.. people buy rd to throw crazy wattage to it.. so obviously they would have a higher recone rate.... and cmon man.. you have been around it enough to know the guys that do this are not about to spend thousands of dollars and hours to run a sub that is not going to give them the best numbers.. not hardlt y any of the big boys are building setups for DD.. ill give you maybe DD is a better daily ground pounder.. but in compeition and the lanes your kidding yourself to evenm mention dds name with RD
I understand your loyalty to RD but being so blind to just say DD can not be on the same level is in no way correct. Not to mention no audio company makes there money just form SPL.

I understand your loyalty to RD but being so blind to just say DD can not be on the same level is in no way correct. Not to mention no audio company makes there money just form SPL.
i feel like im beating a dead horse... once again.. do you honestly think the people that do this for a living essentially. thousands of dollars and thousands of hours do not know their gear.. why are none of them running DD??? they put that much time and money into something they are going to run the best..t hey run RD.. period.. look at the world titles, look at the world records... what brand has their name their the most.. RD/Atomic period.. having a hard time even seeing how you can argue facts.. Talk about my loyalty.. lol.. you post on DD Aq all the time.. its 2 way street.. dont even try to act liek you are some neutral bystander... i have said what i came to say... bring the DD to the lanes and ill walk that ***

ill give you maybe DD is a better daily ground pounder.. but in compeition and the lanes your kidding yourself to evenm mention dds name with RD
I don't even know about the first half of that statement. Maybe than Atomic, since Atomic is designed around SPL only applications, but DD dealers tout that DD can hang daily on those crazy power numbers. All of the info I received was about daily ground pounder setups.

i feel like im beating a dead horse... once again.. do you honestly think the people that do this for a living essentially. thousands of dollars and thousands of hours do not know their gear.. why are none of them running DD??? they put that much time and money into something they are going to run the best..t hey run RD.. period.. look at the world titles, look at the world records... what brand has their name their the most.. RD/Atomic period.. having a hard time even seeing how you can argue facts.. Talk about my loyalty.. lol.. you post on DD Aq all the time.. its 2 way street.. dont even try to act liek you are some neutral bystander... i have said what i came to say... bring the DD to the lanes and ill walk that ***

I'm not blindly debating you are. I said that RD/Atomic work well, never said the didn't. You just make yourself look foolish by telling me DD won't keep up. The only point you made that is valid is price. RD/Atomic are cheaper and there are reasons for that. You are basing your whole argument off of an invalid point. SPL is as I stated before is in no way relevant to the any discussion on which is better. Each sub would/will perform well given the application is built correctly for said sub.

Sorry you can not see what is actually being said. Brand loyalty is great and I'm glad you found a company you like(Yes I have my own loyalty). However, the nature of SPL is the new hottest thing is what everyone gets each year. I don't see where I'm saying one is better then the other. I'm saying each can hold their own and can compete with each other on SPL and power handling.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.