RD Audio scammed me, and how to fight back DIY.

Eh, I think it is kowboy or something like that. Hes the one that sold the D9 for like $250 shipped or something.

Man...I will now and always say they have great products; but Steve...

You're a piece of **** man! Never will I rep your company again from what you have done to all these people.

I never wanted to post in any of these threads because it's like one of those things you lay in disbelief over because you were treated so well when working with RD and buying a ton of products.

I just whole-heartedly feel for all these people, I really do.

horned, did steve fvck you too?
Yeah, sent me an amp that was 10/10 condition. Never used in the box. It came to me in a generous 8/10 condition with bent rca jacks, and other issues. He blamed it on the shipping company, but it was obviously used. His story then changed to the amp was a demo model his sales reps used, and they might have hooked it up.

When I was going to purchase the amp, and asked for pics he said there was no need because the amp was like new, and that it looked like any other 3250.1 that was new.

Yeah, sent me an amp that was 10/10 condition. Never used in the box. It came to me in a generous 8/10 condition with bent rca jacks, and other issues. He blamed it on the shipping company, but it was obviously used. His story then changed to the amp was a demo model his sales reps used, and they might have hooked it up.
When I was going to purchase the amp, and asked for pics he said there was no need because the amp was like new, and that it looked like any other 3250.1 that was new.

but atleast you have your product....

Ha, at least theres that. Thats their moto. "You should be glad if you receive anything at all."
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

This was just posted on caco, as a member basically brought the fight right up RD audios ass. Maybe some of you can try the same?

I just received a tracking number for a 35 lb package that left Cerritos, California after sending Steve the following email:

Quote:

Steve,

I've been trying to work with you to remedy this situation, but my feeling is that you are not being entirely honest with me regarding my shipment. I have not yet received a tracking number, contact information for your shipping house, or my Alpha long excursion 12" woofer. This has been going on for long enough. I sent you a text message, last night, informing you that I had been advised to log a complaint with FBI's internet crime center for non-delivery and wire line fraud, but wished to avoid doing this since wire line fraud is by definition across state lines (this constitutes a federal offense).

You did not respond, and have not responded to my calls today, have not provided shipping information or even a number for me to call. I have filed a dispute through PayPal (#PP-868-968-228), for PayPal Transaction ID ($259): #4A089247BW681220J PayPal Transaction ID ($100): #3JR4125817072310A, a complaint with the BBB (Complaint ID#: 27129725), and a case with the FBI's internet crime center (Complaint ID: I1001261217208212).

I have not yet made a case for wire line fraud under Title 18, Section 1343, with the FBI, and still wish to remedy this situation as soon as possible.

I spoke to the State Attorney General's office for Georgia and am in the process of drafting a formal letter to the governor's office (consumer affairs). My written statement to the governor's office (consumer affairs) includes the following text as well as several exhibits:

1/26/2010

Complaint Number 253004

Hello,

My name is *Slim Shady*, the following is a statement of the events that transpired starting in August, 2009:

I found a car audio company by the name of Revolution Design Audio, located in Acworth, Georgia, through an internet forum advertisement on “caraudioclassifieds.org.” The advertisement was for a pre-sale deal on a car audio amplifier and listed the price as $425. I purchased the amplifier through PayPal from RD Audio (email revolutiondaudio@yahoo.com, company website Top quality audio equipment: Revolution Design Audio).

I also purchased a subwoofer, for $259 via PayPal through Steve Miller of RD Audio on Aug. 21, 2009 (see page 2 of Doc 2, attached). On August 24, 2009, I emailed Steve to change my order from the “Alpha 12 inch” model to a more expensive “Elite 12 inch.” He informed me on Sep 10, 2009, that the Elite was an $100 more, for a total of $359 (3rd page of Doc 1). I paid him an additional $100 through PayPal on Sep 28 (see page 1 of Doc 2).

I asked Steve for an invoice on Sep 10, 2009 (page 3 of Doc 1), for an update on Dec 9 (page 2 of Doc 1), and for a written response, an update, and a written record of our correspondence, on Dec 30, 2009 (page 1 and 2 of Doc 1).

Doc 3 is a PayPal dispute I filed on 1/4/2010, after Steve failed to contact me. The claim was rejected because 45 days had expired, despite my continued correspondence attempts with Steve.

After filing the PayPal claim on the morning of 1/4/2010, Steve called me to tell me that he could immediately send out yet another subwoofer model (Alpha long excursion). I filed the complaint because Steve seemed to have disappeared with my money and had failed to keep me informed of the status of my order.

After he called me on 1/4/2010, I sent him an email back confirming that I was ok with changing my order to a different model so that it could ship immediately. I asked him for additional information regarding the subwoofer, but he never responded.

I called him just about every day on the week of Jan 11th, 2010, to try and get into contact with him to obtain shipping information. On Friday, Jan 15th, 2010, he sent me a message from his blackberry stating that the order had shipped and would arrive the week of the 18th. I requested a tracking number and he told me he had already left the office, but gave me his word that he would provide it on Monday, the 18th). He did not answer my calls on the week of the 18th, which were to request a tracking number.

On Friday, the 22nd, I spoke to Steve, and asked that he set me up with his “shipping house,” as he’d referred to it. He told me again that he’d left for the day but assured me that he’d get me a tracking number or a shipping contact on Monday, the 25th.

On Monday, the 25th, Steve neglected to answer his phone, turned his cell phone off, and eventually answered at ~3:00pm. He told me he was having car troubles and would talk to me shortly. At ~6:00pm, he told me he was driving back to his office and would get me information, which he promised he would deliver before 8:00pm. When I called him at 8:00pm, he did not answer. I sent him text messages informing him that I would have to contact the FBI’s internet crime complaint center if he couldn’t work with me to remedy the situation.

On Tuesday, the 26th, he once again turned his cell phone off and has not answered his business line. I have filed complaints with PayPal (dispute ID #PP-868-968-228), with the BBB (Complaint ID#: 27129725), the FBI’s IC3 (Complaint Id: I1001261217208212).

I am still willing to work with you if you can provide an immediate refund of my $359 or send me an Alpha long excursion or Elite 12" and provide a tracking number within the next two business days. Call me or respond to this email as soon as possible, and we can resolve the BBB complaint and the FBI IC3 complaint. I have not yet mailed/faxed a letter to the governors office and have not yet submitted a case for wire line fraud. I am prepared to do so on this Friday, Jan 29th, if I do not hear from you or if we can not resolve this dispute.

Regards,

*Wayne Brady*

He's also assured me that I will receive a new amp in the mail and postage to mail my old amp back as soon as they came in. I told him that I'll work with him to remedy the BBB complaint, IC3 case, and PayPal dispute when I receive the subwoofer, and will not file a case for federal wire line fraud or mail the letter I drafted once everything is good and right.

It looks like Steve's ultimately doing the right thing, even if the communication isn't great and it takes a long time. I just wanted to update you guys and to clear up the issues I've been having with RD Audio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

hornedfrog1985

5,000+ posts
<---Down Syndrome Tiger.
hornedfrog1985
Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies