rca ground

no processor or amp should be grouning the RCAs....... the HU should be the only source ground in the whole system. 2 or more grounds in the signal chain will give you the basic "ground loop" noise problem--------don't ground it

i have no clue. is there some kinda old ass cable that had a wire running thorugh the shielding to pick up any electrical interferance and have it ground there? thats is all i can think of after reading the lil-note on the bottom of the pic.

i just bought those rca's you see in the pic. they have a ground wire(or thats what i think its for running down the middle of the 2 rca lines. The reason you can't see the ground wire is because i used it as the remote wire just for convinience and i had to peel it back so i could plug it into the other side of the amp.

Originally posted by tim-mania i just bought those rca's you see in the pic. they have a ground wire(or thats what i think its for running down the middle of the 2 rca lines. The reason you can't see the ground wire is because i used it as the remote wire just for convinience and i had to peel it back so i could plug it into the other side of the amp.
no----- that is a remote wire

ok, well good to know i'm doing things right then, and it's all working fine, it was just an inquiry question, thanks to all that offered help.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'd do what you did. Use it as remote wire. I've heard of grounding rcs b4 when i see a page that is selling $120 rcas. Which have a brand name no one has ever heard of before. It's like saying oxygen free copper speaker wire. There is really no proven benefit to this.

hey dude, i used to ground my RCAs too, just the cable. but that was cuz there was a ground wire coming out from the RCAs. the RCAs i had was monster cable i believe.

i m not sure if this is wat u meant tho.

that is not a remote wire, most good rcas will come with a tag on that wire that says "do not use this wire as a remote wire" or something to that extent. that wire is meant to be grounded and is to prevent a whining noise, although most systems do fine without grounding it, but its not a remote wire.

Originally posted by tim-mania i just bought those rca's you see in the pic. they have a ground wire(or thats what i think its for running down the middle of the 2 rca lines. The reason you can't see the ground wire is because i used it as the remote wire just for convinience and i had to peel it back so i could plug it into the other side of the amp.
?? I know Rockford Fosgate basic twisted RCAs have a smaller diameter wire in between teh two RCA channels, but that's actually meant to be a remote on, not a ground. This is all about the grounded sheath to the cable...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.