Rav4 upgrade projects 2018 LE

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kgveteran

HomeTheater junkie !
Hello, I just bought a 2018 Rav4, I’m looking to do a complete system replacement for my audio system. I’m a custom home audio installer so I’m pretty good with doing it myself.
This all started with me seeing a 9 inch JVC which is a simple plug and play for super cheap. And then my brain got going.

so with a good home theater with real amplifiers you need good electricity, which usually means dedicated circuit with good Romex, should that be my very first thing I do upgrade my battery alternator to be able to handle the new demand.

at this point I’m just throwing around ideas I know for sure I’m doing the head unit I might as well do all the other speakers including subs. Do I replace all the speaker wire to I just use the harness it’s in there, lots of stuff to answer.

I don’t have an unlimited budget, that’s why I’m doing it myself. I watched a YouTube video and it took the guy about seven minutes to get the radio out, crazy

Hello, I just bought a 2018 Rav4, I’m looking to do a complete system replacement for my audio system. I’m a custom home audio installer so I’m pretty good with doing it myself.
This all started with me seeing a 9 inch JVC which is a simple plug and play for super cheap. And then my brain got going.

so with a good home theater with real amplifiers you need good electricity, which usually means dedicated circuit with good Romex, should that be my very first thing I do upgrade my battery alternator to be able to handle the new demand.

at this point I’m just throwing around ideas I know for sure I’m doing the head unit I might as well do all the other speakers including subs. Do I replace all the speaker wire to I just use the harness it’s in there, lots of stuff to answer.

I don’t have an unlimited budget, that’s why I’m doing it myself. I watched a YouTube video and it took the guy about seven minutes to get the radio out, crazy
If you are just keeping under 1500 total rms, theres no need to upgrade electricals other than a big 3 upgrade and maybe an agm battery if necessary but id start off first with a voltmeter to see your voltages then install the rest of your gear and have it playing. will tell you the whole story and whether or not you need electrical upgrades. No use in upgrading an alt if your stock charging is keeping up easily at 13.8 to 14.4 volts. Wasted money you could have put to more important things that affect your sound performance.

If you plan on using factory wiring, you gotta make sure there is no in line crossover along with the factory wire being at least 18 gauge. If you plan on having 100 rms per channel, then id recommend running 16-14 gauge wire.

Make sure the head unit has at least 13 band eq, time alignment, 4 volt or higher preout voltage and 24 bit dacs.

If you are just keeping under 1500 total rms, theres no need to upgrade electricals other than a big 3 upgrade and maybe an agm battery if necessary but id start off first with a voltmeter to see your voltages then install the rest of your gear and have it playing. will tell you the whole story and whether or not you need electrical upgrades. No use in upgrading an alt if your stock charging is keeping up easily at 13.8 to 14.4 volts. Wasted money you could have put to more important things that affect your sound performance.

If you plan on using factory wiring, you gotta make sure there is no in line crossover along with the factory wire being at least 18 gauge. If you plan on having 100 rms per channel, then id recommend running 16-14 gauge wire.

Make sure the head unit has at least 13 band eq, time alignment, 4 volt or higher preout voltage and 24 bit dacs.
Would you recommend a unit if you had one in mind.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.