Rap songs with midbass

Why bother with synthesized, artificially recorded stuff to test...look for anything with a good upright bass part in it. "Temptation" of Diana Krall's The Girl in the Other Room is a favorite of mine, but the London Chamber Orchestra doing "Reflections of Earth" at EPCOT in 2000 is still my favorite midbass/dynamic track...it'll rip things apart...with "The Battle" off the Chronicles of Narnia OST coming in as a close second. That's not as dynamic of a track, but it has some kettle drum parts that'll send the mids into Xmech...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

bone thugs n harmony - the art of war disc 1 - track 13 - if I could teach the world

very clean mix with nice tight bass response right at 63hz on my analyzer in the booth

Why bother with synthesized, artificially recorded stuff to test...look for anything with a good upright bass part in it. "Temptation" of Diana Krall's The Girl in the Other Room is a favorite of mine, but the London Chamber Orchestra doing "Reflections of Earth" at EPCOT in 2000 is still my favorite midbass/dynamic track...it'll rip things apart...with "The Battle" off the Chronicles of Narnia OST coming in as a close second. That's not as dynamic of a track, but it has some kettle drum parts that'll send the mids into Xmech...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Diana Kralls stuff is good period. I've heard "The Battle", but only on cheap headphones, not quite that impressive on those. Once my cars done I"ll give it another shot. For slightly more mainstream stuff, any well recorded metal should have a decent drum. Try "****ation" by opeth. All their albums are well recorded. Dave matthews band is similar if quite a bit softer. Hotel california has a couple well known good points.

pretty much any underground songsome of my favorites

7L and Esoteric, Aceyalone, Abstract Rude, Aesop Rock, Akbar, Akir, Anticon, Apathy, ATOM the immortal, Atmosphere, Azeem, Big L, Binary Star, Black Star, Blackalicious, Bukue One, Breakdown, Bronze Nazareth, Brother Ali, Boot Camp Clik, Calm., C-Rayz Walz, Cage, Casual, Chief Kamanchi, CMA, Cunninlynguists, Common Sense, Dangerdoom, Danger mouse, Dead Prez*, Del tha Funky Homosapien (Deltron 3030), Distrakt, Diverse, Ellay Khule, Eyedea and Abilities, Gang starr, GZA, Ghostface, Graffiti Jones, Haiku D'etat, Hieroglyphics, Hot Karl, Ill Bill, Illmind, Immortal Technique, Inspectah Deck, Insight, J-live, Jedi Mind Tricks, Juggaknots, Jurassic 5, Killah Priest, Kingsyze, Kool G rap, KRS-One, Living Legends, Louis Logik, Little Brother, Looptroop, Lupe Fiasco, MC Pascal, Mad Villain, Madlib, Masta Ace, MF Doom, Monster Island Czars, Mos Def, Mr Lif, Mikah 9, Murs, Nas, Non-Phixion, Outerspace, Opio, Paradox, Paris, Pep Love, People under the Stairs, Pidgeon John, Potluck, Promoe, R.A. the rugged man, Raekwon, Random, Rawcotiks, RZA, Sabac, Sage Francis, Sean Price, Slug, Sole, Soul Position, Souls of Mischief, Swollen Members, Symbolic1, Talib Kweli, Tech N9ne, The Coup, The Roots, The Shapeshifters, The Pharcyde, Think differently music, Tonedeff, U-God, Vast Aire, Virtuoso, Visionaries, Vordul Mega, Wax Tailor, Weatherman, Wu-Tang Clan, Zion i, Z-man
where did you cut and paste that list from? I'd wound't ask, but I know you didnt' think of all those and then alpahbetize them.

PS. you got slug and the living legends, but forgot felt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.