Random Box Pics!

I’m not a Mopar guy but like the hellcat’s so it’s ***** they are discontinuing them. I’m not a fan of the decals though on that one. I think it’s more fun to look like a sleeper.

I’ve flexed roofs like that with a single 15 on 1200 watts, heck slugs truck does it with the sub I built him lol. It’s not easy to gauge from a video but I will say it definitely looks nice! On a setup like that with 15,000w and 4 15’s I’d hope that thing would at least do mid 150’s on a meter and if it did that or higher, I’d be impressed. Lower I wouldn’t be, happy I touched it 😂. I would of touched it sooner but the video wasn’t working earlier ☹️.

That was right after he powered it up for the first time. He wasn't going to chance anything with freshly reconed subs. The amp isn't even turned up. 4 - 15's on 15K is going to rip that car apart. He already ripped the metal by the sunroof with 2 - 15's. He has already said that this setup is way louder and windier. 29hz. is a pretty low tune.

I’m not a Mopar guy but like the hellcat’s so it’s ***** they are discontinuing them. I’m not a fan of the decals though on that one. I think it’s more fun to look like a sleeper.

It's just a wrap and can be removed whenever he wants to. My buddies Audi A8L is a real sleeper. He whoops everybody's ass on the street. 0 - 60 in 3.3 seconds.

Screenshot_20220515-182651_Facebook.jpg

That was right after he powered it up for the first time. He wasn't going to chance anything with freshly reconed subs. The amp isn't even turned up. 4 - 15's on 15K is going to rip that car apart. He already ripped the metal by the sunroof with 2 - 15's. He has already said that this setup is way louder and windier. 29hz. is a pretty low tune.

with 4 15’s and 15k watts absolutely you would expect it to be crazy in a car no less. I personally just think at that point A wall might as well be done but that’s just my opinion. Which sundown 15’s are they?

so he is over powering them just a little bit 😂. I wouldn’t get on them hard on that amount of power either. Does he plan on upgrading them in the future? If not he’s got world record headroom right there 😂.

He definitely has some headroom for sure. No plans on an upgrade. He had 2 - 15's before and split the metal on the roof by the sunroof. He has already said that this is louder and the amp is still turned down while he breaks the subs in. That's a frickin' $3,000 amp that does 15K @ 1 ohm. That amp cost more than my whole system. 😂

He definitely has some headroom for sure. No plans on an upgrade. He had 2 - 15's before and split the metal on the roof by the sunroof. He has already said that this is louder and the amp is still turned down while he breaks the subs in. That's a frickin' $3,000 amp that does 15K @ 1 ohm. That amp cost more than my whole system. 😂

that amp cost more than my system I’m doing as well 😂. To be fair I got sponsored for the interior speakers and build the subs myself but still 😂. Imagine it was 2004 what a 15k w rms amp would cost?! $3000 is actually a smoking deal compared to back then when everything good to superb was at least a $1 a watt! One of the negatives to getting loud is what it can sometimes do. It’s amazing how violent subs can be! One car I had back in the day was a 2002 si and the rear hatch started to leak from the subs. Also had a 1992 camaro with a wall and broke the front windshield twice in that car lol.

that amp cost more than my system I’m doing as well 😂. To be fair I got sponsored for the interior speakers and build the subs myself but still 😂. Imagine it was 2004 what a 15k w rms amp would cost?! $3000 is actually a smoking deal compared to back then when everything good to superb was at least a $1 a watt! One of the negatives to getting loud is what it can sometimes do. It’s amazing how violent subs can be! One car I had back in the day was a 2002 si and the rear hatch started to leak from the subs. Also had a 1992 camaro with a wall and broke the front windshield twice in that car lol.

My first real system in 1989 cost me $4,500. $500 for a Nakamichi mono amp that was 220 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms. Another $500 for an am/fm cd player (that skipped). My subs cost me $380 each. They were Rockford Fosgate Pro Series 12's (dual 8 ohm) being ran @ 2 ohms. It was in a 1989 Ford Probe. The box was made with 1" MDF (separate chambers) and ported to each side with pvc (3" or 4"). It banged. All RF mids/highs/amp/pre-amp. I had to run a Nakamichi two way ele tronic crossover. It was a great system. It eben had a half-din slide out cassette player (Sony XK-8d).

My first real system in 1989 cost me $4,500. $500 for a Nakamichi mono amp that was 220 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms. Another $500 for an am/fm cd player (that skipped). My subs cost me $380 each. They were Rockford Fosgate Pro Series 12's (dual 8 ohm) being ran @ 2 ohms. It was in a 1989 Ford Probe. The box was made with 1" MDF (separate chambers) and ported to each side with pvc (3" or 4"). It banged. All RF mids/highs/amp/pre-amp. I had to run a Nakamichi two way ele tronic crossover. It was a great system. It eben had a half-din slide out cassette player (Sony XK-8d).

i had so much Bad ass old school stuff that is probably worth a small fortune today ☹️. From nakamichi head units to surf board sized usamps to phoenix gold ms1000’s to PPI art series amps you name it. Aside from how cheap power cost today what really blows my mind now is something you mentioned above. Remember when you spent a ton of cash to build your dream system to only have the CD’s skip when it was really starting to get stupid loud but you knew it had so much more left? Now look, we got Bluetooth! No more dreaded skipping!! I’m looking forward to that, couple more weeks I’ll finally be done!

Mono amp that was 220 x 2?

Yes. A Nakamichi Pa - 400m. I was also running the Nakamichi EC200h two way electronic crossover with a RF Punch150 for the mids/highs. I had a set of RF 5-¼" components up front and 5-¼" coax in the rear panels. They installed the front tweets on the backside of the A/C vents (left and right). The RF pa-1hd was the best pre-amp ever. Look up the Sony XK-8d cassette player. I had one in the dash. It was bad ass at the time.

i had so much Bad ass old school stuff that is probably worth a small fortune today ☹️. From nakamichi head units to surf board sized usamps to phoenix gold ms1000’s to PPI art series amps you name it. Aside from how cheap power cost today what really blows my mind now is something you mentioned above. Remember when you spent a ton of cash to build your dream system to only have the CD’s skip when it was really starting to get stupid loud but you knew it had so much more left? Now look, we got Bluetooth! No more dreaded skipping!! I’m looking forward to that, couple more weeks I’ll finally be done!

My shitt skipped so bad that I could only play cassettes. $550 and it skipped. Look up the Sony XK-8d. It was truck at the time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...