Participant count
  • Participant list

GrnEydDvl
10+ year member

Rainbow Profi Vanadium Line

CS 265 vs

CS 265 Kick vs

CS 265 Phase Plug.

I understand each uses a different woofer technology. But what are the specifics?

Use the kick(bass) for for applications that have the mid high-passed at 80hz and the standard one for full range apps? Where does the phase plug version fit in?

Why the big price difference in each set? Looks to be about $50 each step up. Thanks.

Also, is the Profi Vanadium Line the highest level metal dome tweet set Rainbow offers?

Rainbow Profi Vanadium LineCS 265 vs

CS 265 Kick vs

CS 265 Phase Plug.

Use the kick(bass) for for applications that have the mid high-passed at 80hz and the standard one for full range apps? Where does the phase plug version fit in?
They should all pretty much need a HP of sorts, 80hz is a pretty standard HP for this sized driver. I've used 63db 24 slopes at times but not for very loud listening preferences. The Kick version due to design demands an 80hz 12db minimum.

Why the big price difference in each set? Looks to be about $50 each step up. .
Answered your own question here...

I understand each uses a different woofer technology.

But what are the specifics?
CS265 -A standard paper cone driver- good all around driver, smooth midrange and natural sounding midbass.

CS265 Kick- a high Qts, 80-160hz optimized constant q driver-best midbass, offers highest kick impact IB, good midrange.

CS265Phase plug- best midrange, most transparent and accurate.

READ:http://www.preference-audio.com/phaseplug.htm

Also, is the Profi Vanadium Line the highest level metal dome tweet set Rainbow offers?
Yes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.