rainbow install PICZ!

wesl56
10+ year member

el sietes!
NoFl
well heres what i did over the weekend... i got my SLC's on friday, so i pulled up the carpet to run some RCAs to the amp, realized that my **** a/c box was leaking into the floorpan bad... so i ended up taking the carpet out all the way (which i didnt really intend on doin) but since it was out i went ahead and deadend the whole floor lol... most of the time i was too busy to take pics but heres a few... the rainbows sound AMAZING... the music doesnt sound like its comming from the floor anymore, and its so clear and clean (even off the stock deck so far) by far the best money ive spent in a while...

the broken azz 9857 and the amp for the rainbows

deadening

MDF baffles... closed cell foam inside the door

notice the wire size upgrade 12ga //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

tweets

and i stashed the crossovers in these little pockets in the doors so they would be easy to get at... idk if i want to hide them or not yet what do you guys think?

the v-powah (just a temp install till i get the rest of the amps in)

bonus pic of my 12 HC

say no to crack

well things are finally comming along... been planning out this system all summer... subs + more to come soon...

Just take some speaker cloth off some old speakers you have laying around the house and use it to hide the xovers.

That deadner is that peal and seal?

so your not using the 9857? i know the internal amp went out, but have u tried turning it off and running it with the external amp u have, which is sexy looking.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif If you do, I'd be interested in hearing a review with the 9857 and the SLC's. I'm thinking about making both of those my next money investments.

actually it was more than the internal amp on that 9857 cause the RCA preouts were dead too... i boxed it up and its going back tomorrow... hope to have it back before too long.. i miss usin my ipod ahhh lol... but the slc's sound great even running off my stock cd player i cant wait to get the alpine back

and the deadener is actually this stuff called protecto wrap, its next to peel and seal at lowes but i think its a little bit nicer, thin, but doesnt smell... and the part thats on my doors has been on there like 3 or 4 weeks and my car is in the sun all day every day while im at werk, and its been holding up good so far...

I had my passive x-overs in my door pockets for like 2 years. No one theaved them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif I admit it did look corny, but it ***** going in your door just to make a quick adjustment.

Nice job on the install...way to get in there and tear it up!! Love to see that.

Nice job Wesley.

BTW forgot to tell ya, you live practically next door to my mother. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Small world huh?

why dont you get some mach 460 tweeter pods and house the tweeters in them so that it will give the car a much cleaner look and add protection to the tweeters and yes please hide the **** crossovers.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif Mustang install. My x-overs are inside my doors, but you can't adjust them in there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I have my tweeters inside my Mach460 door pods and it seems to work well.

thanks guys... yeah like i said i only took pics when i stoped to take a break so i didnt get any of the woofers lol

you mustang guys know where i can get some of those mach sail panels besides a junkyard? i really dont even remember what they look like but that might be a good idea to keep my interior lookin all stock... and yeah i'll prolly hide the xovers once i finish playin around and get it set up how i want

looks pretty good. i need to pull everything out and deaden the floor as well. i think you really need to flush mount those tweeters though. and there is a small area inside the door panel thatis big enough for the xovers. it is just up and ourside of the speaker baffle area. and one day i will get off my ass and go get some MDF and make myself some baffles like that too. these adapters are not perfect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.