Rainbow Germaniums or Focal K2p's?

300+ is a bit much for the rainbows if you are volume-hungry. If you are sparing with the gain then they can take 200w without issue. Just to give you an idea, i'm running 340w/side to my power line cs. The power line CS woofers use the same motor/basket as the vanadium 7" SUBWOOFER.
I ran the same amp to my germaniums but it wasn't necessary at all. The germaniums will get kicking on 150w/side and 200w-250w/side is enough to have plenty of headroom.

My germaniums came with a flush mount for the tweeters...

And Don handles the warranty returns for Rainbow for the US; i've used warranty service through him before with prompt results and no problems.
This pretty much covers all.

Thanks bud, your quicker than I am. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Rainbow FTW!!

I personally have a set of CMX 465 kicks in my front doors and a set of SLC 265s in my rear doors and couldnt be happier with them. I have also heard a set of the Germs in a car and the output is amazing. My buddy also just put a set of Vanadiums in his truck and those things just blow my mind on clarity

I've never heard any Rainbow products so I can't comment on that. I can comment on my Focal K2P (upgraded versions). I got these to replace a set of C5s. I've currently got my amp bridged, doors deadened, speaker pods, and dynaxorb. I've set my HPF at 50hz and these just wail all day long. I turn off my sub just to hear the speakers by themselves and it's so amazing how loud, clear, and low they get. I listen to a lot of hiphop/rap and trance. I've got the tweeters at -3dB and it's amazing how immersive the sound in my car is. I'll continue to turn it up and they sound better and come to life even more and my music comes alive. They can get extremely loud and sound great while doing so. Definitely go check them out and hear for yourself. I'm definitely a believer and would buy them again!!

Can't go wrong with the focal K2p. The K3 version is even better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I've never heard any Rainbow products so I can't comment on that. I can comment on my Focal K2P (upgraded versions). I got these to replace a set of C5s. I've currently got my amp bridged, doors deadened, speaker pods, and dynaxorb. I've set my HPF at 50hz and these just wail all day long. I turn off my sub just to hear the speakers by themselves and it's so amazing how loud, clear, and low they get. I listen to a lot of hiphop/rap and trance. I've got the tweeters at -3dB and it's amazing how immersive the sound in my car is. I'll continue to turn it up and they sound better and come to life even more and my music comes alive. They can get extremely loud and sound great while doing so. Definitely go check them out and hear for yourself. I'm definitely a believer and would buy them again!!

Thanks for the feedback. I think my heart is set on a set of Germs though. I did hear the K2P's and they sounded great, but all the reviews I've been reading on the Germs make it seem like a perfect fit for me and what I listen to.

I'm thinking of upgrading my amps to exactly what you have, a 300/4v2 for the Germs, and a 500/1v2 for my subs. You happy with your amps? How is the 300/4 on those Focals? Any regrets as far as amps are concerned? I was thinking of bridging a 300/4v2 on a pair of Germs.

Thanks.

Amps are great! Got my 4chan bridged and all gains are set properly. They both can run hot but have never had any problems. Not really bass heavy in my car as you can see from the equipment in my sig. The highs/mids keep up with the bass and SQ in my ride is amazing!! Overall gets very loud and doesn't distort. I mess with the bass knob when I want a little extra slap. I'm very content with the balance. Good luck with yo germs.

Great, thanks! I only know one person in my circle of friends thats running a JL 300/4 and he loves it. Its nice to hear a review from someone else too. He has his hooked to a set of JL components, dont know which set but they are about 4 years old.

Hopefully all of my prep work is correct for this build. Ive already completed two layers of Dynamat Extreme throughout the entire truck, doors, floors and back wall, and a layer of Ensolite on top of that. I have small pieces of egg crate foam behind each speaker. I've built the speaker brackets in the doors out of 3/4" and 1/2" MDF to sit on axis, aiming towards the listener instead of at my shins.

Right now I'm running a Kenwood DNX8120, Boston Pro 60's, 2 Rockford 10" P3's, Alpine F-550 (fronts) and Alpine M-650 (subs). It sounds pretty good, but I think the combination of a JL 300/4v2 and a 500/1v2 and a set of Germs will put me where I want to be....... sound quality heaven.

When I get the Germs and amps I'll have to get on the amp section and have you guys help teach me how to properly set my gains and whats the correct way to adjust the DTA in the headunit..... I always get hung up on that.

Thanks again for all the help. I'm really looking forward to these Germs.

I totally agree with you. The K2P's are one of the best component speakers I've heard for $500-$600 bucks. These speakers pretty much scream turn me up. The more you turn up the volume the more amazing the sound becomes.....but by that time your deaf. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.