Rainbow Germaniums or Focal K2p's?

Jumbo Jet
10+ year member

FL
First post here, looking forward to meeting everyone.

I had a set of Boston Pro 60's in my truck but I sold them because I felt the highs were a bit too bright with their alloy tweeter. I really prefer the warmer feel of a silk tweeter. I've heard the Focal K2P's and they sound very good, however I have been reading tons of great reviews on the Rainbows. There isnt a Rainbow dealer anywhere near me so hearing them isnt possible..... I'll be buying them sight unseen, or unheard. Price wise they are both in my budget, but I think I'll really enjoy the warmth of the Rainbow's silk tweeter.

My Bostons were running on an Alpine F-550, but I plan on buying a JL 300/4v2 for the Rainbows.

I'd really appreciate any feedback, good or bad on the Rainbows.

Thanks in advance

It does, thanks. I actually have that issue laying around here somewhere. I was kinda hoping to get some real world feedback from people who actually have them installed. But thanks again, that issue is what actually turned me on to them in the first place.

I'm leaning more and more towards the Rainbows everyday. I've seen a bunch of reviews saying the tweeters are buttery smooth.

Anybody know where a good place to buy them online is? I see that Rainbow has, or possibly had a satellite office in Naples, FL not too far from me, but they dont have a contact email or phone number listed.

Thanks

wouldn't buy from woofersetc...

I had a set of germaniums; really liked them. The only thing that made me want to upgrade was the power line CS - but those are twice the cost of the germs. Not too many people are going to have had both of these sets; good luck on finding someone who has owned both. I've owned the germs and heard the k2p's...i prefer the germaniums sound though i suspect the focals get a bit louder. I suspect the installation & tuning would be the defining factor as far as which you'd prefer.

If you need anything from Rainbow, PM 6spdcoupe - Don - here on ca.com. He's got a long history with Rainbow and has always been great to deal with... half of my stereo came from him at least //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Where in FL are you?

It does, thanks. I actually have that issue laying around here somewhere. I was kinda hoping to get some real world feedback from people who actually have them installed. But thanks again, that issue is what actually turned me on to them in the first place.
I'm leaning more and more towards the Rainbows everyday. I've seen a bunch of reviews saying the tweeters are buttery smooth.

Anybody know where a good place to buy them online is? I see that Rainbow has, or possibly had a satellite office in Naples, FL not too far from me, but they dont have a contact email or phone number listed.

Thanks
About 4-5 years ago a gentleman was in Naples. This ended back then as well. It was just an office and not a supplier though.

The review in CA&E was also a bit flawed. Trust real life users as well as your own ears. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The review in CA&E was also a bit flawed. Trust real life users as well as your own ears. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What was wrong with the CA&E article ? Did they give them an unfair review for some reason ?

Is Woofersetc a hose job ? I've read good reviews about them but I take that with a grain of salt too.

Can I get the Rainbows thru you?

What was wrong with the CA&E article ? Did they give them an unfair review for some reason ?
Is Woofersetc a hose job ? I've read good reviews about them but I take that with a grain of salt too.

Can I get the Rainbows thru you?
Unfair intentionally? No. The speakers are meant for a vehicle and are tested by Rainbow in actual vehicles in their facilities for that exact reason. To throw them in a box on a desk is quite unfair and unrealistic. Overall performance will suffer. They also lost points for the lack of the tweeter mounts, this was the former distributors fault, since they did not supply them.

woofersetc ... well they may or may not actually have them. There is no warranty or support. In a nutshell, its a crap shoot.

Yes you can.

My rainbow set is probally the best set of comps musically I have ever owned, sound is soft, clear and can get loud. Sound really amazing off a Sundown 100.4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.