Rainbow Component Sets

Thanks misfit...I've been wearing out the Rainbow website the last few hours as well as woofersetc.com. I REALLY like Rainbows equipment at this point in time.

Yeah, don't worry about matching brands, there's no need unless you're set on aesthetic appeal. If you like what you see in the Rainbows, go for it, it may be the last set you ever buy haha. You should also take a look at Dynaudio...

Edit: I don't know why I didn't mention this, but if you DO plan on going active as well, don't limit yourself to car specific brands. Another good thing about going active is that you can use raw drivers (speakers) which are typically used for home systems. Check out Parts-Express, they have a massive selection. Madisound carries high end speakers, as well. This way, you're getting more for your money since you're not buying crossovers, mounting hardware, and a name.

Just look at these beautiful sons-of-bitches.

dynaudioesotar.jpg

Funny you should mention the Dynaudio's guys. The A/V company I work for are Dyn dealers, so I can, if I want to, get a pretty great deal on the Esotec line they offer.Still another option to consider.Thanks for the tip on the websites DS. I will give them a look.

Kevin.

misfit...are you familiar with the Esotec line from Dynaudio? If so, what can you tell me about the 242GT 2 ways?
I've never owned them, but I've read a hell of a lot of reviews and owning a pair has been a goal of mine for months. On several occasions I've been close to purchasing the Esotec System 362, but some kind of financial situation has kept me from doing so. It will happen eventually, though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I discussed the esotec system 3-ways with a member named audio phil at great length MONTHS ago. From what I hear, they can easily handle WAY more than their rated power and they're an excellent choice for active setups. The passive crossovers that are supplied with the systems are more of a mixed bag, though. The good and bad reviews are pretty much 50/50. Some people claim they're spectacular while others are not impressed. Personally, I think it's a sin to use passive crossovers with drivers of this quality.

It probably doesn't matter to you, because you have access to a dealer, but you can save a little money buying just the drivers themselves from woofersetc...

Thanks alot misfit. I'll talk to my guys at the office on Monday to see what kind of employee discount I get through the company. If it's as good as some of the other discounts I get, I might just be ordering up a set of the 242GT's on Monday. I'm going to look at the possibility of buying the separates like you and DS have suggested through the other websites. I've never gone that route before, so I might not know exactly what I'm doing. I'll have to do some research.

Kevin.

My friend has some the of the Rainbow 265.25 NGs or something like that. They are very very nice sounding, the tweeter is about spot on between detailed and smooth sounding. I dont have any experience with Dynaudio though, but they sound legit.

That set cost as much as I have invested in my entire build.
I just looked up the price again. A pair of Esotar tweets & mids cost only $2,200. Chump chage, man. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks alot misfit. I'll talk to my guys at the office on Monday to see what kind of employee discount I get through the company. If it's as good as some of the other discounts I get, I might just be ordering up a set of the 242GT's on Monday. I'm going to look at the possibility of buying the separates like you and DS have suggested through the other websites. I've never gone that route before, so I might not know exactly what I'm doing. I'll have to do some research. Kevin.
Do some extensive reading and really grasp the concept before committing to it, man. It would be awful to damage such nice-ass equipment by toying around with it, and failing to utilize the stuff to it's full potential would **** too. If you don't feel comfortable with the process, have it done professionally and ask the guy to teach you exactly what's up. Also, you need to do some serious reading about imaging and sound dampening techniques. The stuff you're looking at is a serious investment and should be treated as such. There are forums full of guys that're into SQ on a professional level. Most of us ca.com guys don't really fit into that crowd...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.