radioshack speakers?

cheeseman0777
10+ year member

Krum TX
hey i have some realistic's 6X9's and was wondering why they are 8 ohm..it threw me off a little bit, i mean they still reciprocate the sound ok...but i want the most out of them that i can. it says that the nominal impendance is 12W. but the max power handling is 25W. i have currently a mosfet 50Wx4 headunit pushing them while the headunit is pushing 4 ohm alpine sps 600's. is there a clash between the power being given to all four speakers? and if so, can you guys explain why?

hey i have some realistic's 6X9's and was wondering why they are 8 ohm..it threw me off a little bit, i mean they still reciprocate the sound ok...but i want the most out of them that i can. it says that the nominal impendance is 12W. but the max power handling is 25W. i have currently a mosfet 50Wx4 headunit pushing them while the headunit is pushing 4 ohm alpine sps 600's. is there a clash between the power being given to all four speakers? and if so, can you guys explain why?
Some speakers come in 8ohm. its not a big deal

The nominal impedance is 8ohm. the RMS (Nominal power) is 12 watts. The Peak RMS is 25 watts

Its not really 50x4. Headunits are generally way over rated power wise.

Are those Coaxials? How many speakers do you have all together? By clash, do you mean a power problem?

The nominal impedance is 8ohm. the RMS (Nominal power) is 12 watts. The Peak RMS is 25 watts

Are those Coaxials? How many speakers do you have all together? By clash, do you mean a power problem?
yeah, the clash between the 8ohm's and the 4 ohm's. wouldnt the 8 ohm take away from the 4 ohm? just wondering...its just i dont understand how much the alpines are getting because of the realistic;s

and here is one of the speakers...so you guys can see what i mean

Exibit0180.jpg

Exibit0181.jpg

Exibit0182.jpg

There is no clash of power. The HU will power all 4 just fine. Your 4 ohm speakers will be louder (ohms law). Is there some sentimental reason behind the "Realistics"? They look worse than most modern OEM speakers. Seriously, you can do much better for very little $.

I understand what you are doing, there is a much easier way of doing it. Release 11.5 of dbpoweramp includes a program called aux. input. It allows you to record to mp3, wma, mp4, etc whatever you system mixer is playing.

know how I know you are gay? you type in rainbow font:p:

There is no clash of power. The HU will power all 4 just fine. Your 4 ohm speakers will be louder (ohms law). Is there some sentimental reason behind the "Realistics"? They look worse than most modern OEM speakers. Seriously, you can do much better for very little $.
please don't start posting out your ass..

ohms does not say anything about which will be louder.. You have no idea what the efficiency or any other specs are for that matter.. other than the fact 8ohm are usually more efficient.. now then more power available is a correct statement..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.