"rms" = ?

I have that same amp. This is it, right?

DSC04030.jpg

Despite what people say, that is actually one of Crunch's better amps. Overrated, yes, but it will even run at 2 ohms bridged. I've seen bench tests that show it produces an honest 800+ wRMS at 2 ohms bridged. You can expect 220-260 wRMS at 2 ohms stereo per channel.

I used it to run a pair of RE RE components @ 4 ohms and it did a great job. Never got unreasonably warm or went into protect, even in the middle of summer. My Viper 1200.1 got hotter than this amp did. I also hooked them up to a pair of Premier 2000SPL's @ 2 ohms per channel for a while and it really surprised me.

If I were you, when you upgrade, put this amp up on front stage duty. It will be great for just about any pair of 2-way passive comps.

"RMS power" is kind of a bastard term, it's really RMS voltage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yea, SSS, thats the one. its pushing to Jbl gtos, 1400 peak a piece. Im looking to upgrade to possibly a 2400 or 2800peak amp, crunch of course. do you recommend anything?

i'd recommend NOT getting crunch or going by peak power
Have you ever used that amp?

Those GTO's are only rated at 300 wRMS or so. The Crunch is giving them plenty of power. If you do upgrade, find a ~800 watt monoblock to run them with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.