quitting car audio for now:(

Come on, you know you want to...and not your business account either.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
The number is, with in my limits of saying "I"m fine". lol

TL;DR, but I've been out of the audio game for a few months now and I'm not gonna lie, it feels great to me. Not constantly tuning or itching to try out new stuff....Granted my stock system fits my needs pretty well. I'm an SQ guy...

TL;DR, but I've been out of the audio game for a few months now and I'm not gonna lie, it feels great to me. Not constantly tuning or itching to try out new stuff....Granted my stock system fits my needs pretty well. I'm an SQ guy...
I think this time after this build, I'm going to try to stay satisfied. I'm tired of changing up my setup and spending a lot of dough on this crazy hobby.

I think this time after this build, I'm going to try to stay satisfied. I'm tired of changing up my setup and spending a lot of dough on this crazy hobby.
I tried that so many times its ridiculous. Part of the reason I even traded my car was to get something stock with a good system that didn't require me tearing it apart every weekend. lol

alright well when you graduate with your phd in virginity let us know
Are you guys done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/face2face.gif.c4346df91ccb89a430ef126c23624157.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/swordfight.gif.e3de6069f3ffe402fc3ab4a827365101.gif or do I have to bring up the discussion of the creamy white liquid dripping from the tip of my pleasure stick...

Seriously, it's drippin like a leaky Fosset.

I tried that so many times its ridiculous. Part of the reason I even traded my car was to get something stock with a good system that didn't require me tearing it apart every weekend. lol
I hear you on that. I could not stay out of my old vehicle (1997 chevy 4dr. blazer). Beat it to hell and got an 07' Tahoe. Told myself I wasn't going to put a huge setup in it...now I'm putting 4 18's in there smh...smdh.

I hear you on that. I could not stay out of my old vehicle (1997 chevy 4dr. blazer). Beat it to hell and got an 07' Tahoe. Told myself I wasn't going to put a huge setup in it...now I'm putting 4 18's in there smh...smdh.
A few weeks ago, maybe a month or so ago, I was seriously considering picking up a 2nd gen Blazer (loved em for years) or maybe a CRX or a civic or a SC300 or something as a little project car to work on. But, I'm glad I didn't. I have extra money to use for whatever I want and it feels great.

wiring and connections are the most overlooked part of installs. very few people ever give them the attention they deserve. i solder and heat shrink connections, which takes much more time and thought. i've finished a connection then realized i didn't like how the wire laid or was routed... and i stop and think "so what"... then i undo and redo. i don't redo my system because it fails or has issues. i redo it to experiment. i improve over time.

while DIY appears to save you money - it doesn't. at the very least it cost you a ton of time. at the worst - your gear fails and you are out more than the cost to pay someone who knows what they are doing.

x2 - systems are not budgeted correctly. you buy subs, buy an amp, and then what? you learn the hard way that it takes another $200 to install it all correctly... assuming you don't have to buy a ton of tools to get the job done.

as an on-call, mobile installer (meaning on-site installs) i have several tool kits and connector kits (large tackle boxes) that are stocked with parts, connectors, terminals, etc. anything i may need to work on cars, boats, homes, for audio, video, data, or general electronics. some installs require i bring 8 different cases for both power tools and connectors, and hand tools. the point is that a DIY install is much more expensive if you don't already have the infrastructure.

wiring and connections are the most overlooked part of installs. very few people ever give them the attention they deserve. i solder and heat shrink connections, which takes much more time and thought. i've finished a connection then realized i didn't like how the wire laid or was routed... and i stop and think "so what"... then i undo and redo. i don't redo my system because it fails or has issues. i redo it to experiment. i improve over time.
while DIY appears to save you money - it doesn't. at the very least it cost you a ton of time. at the worst - your gear fails and you are out more than the cost to pay someone who knows what they are doing.

x2 - systems are not budgeted correctly. you buy subs, buy an amp, and then what? you learn the hard way that it takes another $200 to install it all correctly... assuming you don't have to buy a ton of tools to get the job done.

as an on-call, mobile installer (meaning on-site installs) i have several tool kits and connector kits (large tackle boxes) that are stocked with parts, connectors, terminals, etc. anything i may need to work on cars, boats, homes, for audio, video, data, or general electronics. some installs require i bring 8 different cases for both power tools and connectors, and hand tools. the point is that a DIY install is much more expensive if you don't already have the infrastructure.
That is why you are the man yo...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.