Quick!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Registered
10+ year member

Alabama
I had stopped in a local car audio store to ask an installer a few questions...In our conversation I brought up tinting. He mentioned that Millenia (or millenium) 38 would look good on my car, and in my haste I agreed and just moved on in the convo. Now I'm in a bind. I've got an appointment for 9:30am tomorrow that I'm not going to be able to attend to get my car tinted with that 38 film. Someone else is going to have to drive my car there, but the problem is I have NO idea how dark that film is!

So if ANY of you are familiar with window tinting and have any idea what the 38 looks like, PLEASE share it! Also, if you know websites where I can find pictures, that'd be even better! If you roughly know how dark it is maybe you could offer pictures for me to compare it to.

Thanks a lot!!

Less % = less light = darker. 38% tint will be okay, nothing super dark, quite pleasing in fact. Don't worry about looking like a Limo or something, I think they use 3-5% tint. If you want something dark, try 20%. If not, stick with the one he recommended

I've heard it described that way too. Eminem was talking about 80 tint once as being almost pitch black. Either way your pretty safe with the 38 right?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It has everything to do with your state. In Virginia the basic tint that is on the back of SUV's is illegal. They let it slide, but if you were to put it on a car that dark you'd be in trouble.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif Then you cross over into North Carolina and its all good. I know its legal up here in Michigan too, you can go pretty dark here before you have to worry about it. And in some places its certain windows can only be so dark.

Originally posted by wesleysh It has everything to do with your state. In Virginia the basic tint that is on the back of SUV's is illegal. They let it slide, but if you were to put it on a car that dark you'd be in trouble.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif Then you cross over into North Carolina and its all good. I know its legal up here in Michigan too, you can go pretty dark here before you have to worry about it. And in some places its certain windows can only be so dark.
H@ll pretty much everything that's fun or cool is illegal in Virginia. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Welp, wound up cancelling the appointment...bad vibe with the whole deal, and didn't wanna blow $200 on tinting I don't like. So, thanks for all your help everyone!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.