Quick speaker question/recommendation!

Participant count
  • Participant list

mattsk42

SoDak
So I recently got a nice new Pioneer HU. I want to just replace my stock speakers and not mess with fiberglass. (I've done the full kick pod thing and custom fit trunk sub enclosure before) I have no brand loyalty as long as it works. My last stereo was a 10w7 and whatever the middle of the line JL comps were when that first came out with a 500/1 and 300/2. I'd LOVE to have that setup back (even if it's dated), but anything even close to that quality would be great.

Can I get a recommendation for SQ (no volume needed at all) speakers for the front of the car? None needed for rear speakers. Also, sub/amp combo.

Speakers are 6.5" components, price under $150 unless you can convince me otherwise.

Sub should be just enough to cover for the speakers, no volume needed, SQ is #1 priority. Price for sub/amp/box combo should be $300 or less. (again, unless you can REALLY convince me otherwise)

Sorry, I thought I'd just say 6.5 component so no one would have to look it up. It's a 2005 Infiniti G35x withOUT the Bose system.

Here are some(not all) options we have available:

JBL MS-62C 6.5" components, JBL GTO 12" subwoofer

Diamond TX65V components, Diamond SX124 12" subwoofer

CDT CL-62 components, CDT HD-1200CFS subwoofer

There are good quality sealed subwoofer enclosures available for your car so you don't have to build one or pay big bucks for a custom built box.

We have several different amplifier options that will work great and not cost a lot of money, be it a single 4-channel amp or a 2-channel and a mono amp. The rear speakers can stay powered off the head unit.

You also need an amplifier installation kit and it's always a good idea to install, at minimum, some sound deadening mat in the doors at the same time as the new speakers. I'd put more money toward sound deadening than spending big bucks on speakers, i.e. $300 on speakers and $100 on sound deadening products instead of $400 on speakers and $0 on sound deadening. The speakers need to be mounted solidly to the door, either by making adapters or buying adapters, and the front side of the speaker needs to be sealed up against the inner door panel. Skimping on the speaker installation leads to disappointment.

I like trumpets 4ch Idea and I've always liked diamond products. I'm sure he can hook you up with an all diamond setup and whatever install package that would not disappoint.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.