Quick question.

It only making the humming noise when the car is on, but it pops when i turn the accessories on(headlights, ac, etc..). I just finished changing the ground to a better location and it still does it.

Tested a couple other things. It only does this with the rcas connected, goes away as soon as i disconnect them.

And then i thought maybe because the gain was too high, but it still does it when i turn it down(not as loud but its still there.)

Dont know what else it could be considering it didn't do this on my old amp even with the previous sucky ground i had.

Tested a couple other things. It only does this with the rcas connected, goes away as soon as i disconnect them.
And then i thought maybe because the gain was too high, but it still does it when i turn it down(not as loud but its still there.)

Dont know what else it could be considering it didn't do this on my old amp even with the previous sucky ground i had.
This sounds like alternator whine. I'm on my phone right now or I'd link to it, but there's a thread here about different ways to eliminate it.

Would you happen to have a Pioneer head unit?

Yes i do. I think its a deh-p7700 maybe..
Take some speaker wire and wrap around all the RCA jacks in the back of the HU and connect the speaker wire to the chassis of the head unit around a screw. Pioneers are bad about not having good enough grounds on the RCAs

Picture example:

150909d1335931567-pioneer-avh-p8400bh-pioneerfix.jpg

That did not seem to work..Also i don't think its alt whine since from what i read alt whine gets louder as you rev the engine and mine dont do that..
Well there's several things it could be. Possibly some interference in the RCAs... maybe even a blown PICO fuse in the head unit? I'm not entirely sure, this would probably be a better question for someone with more experience than me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.