Quick question.

Well i actually used the amp for over a year with no problems. It messed up but not because of that, because i was connecting the subwoofer wires with the amp on, lol, sparked something, ever since then it dont work. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Anyways, i dont know if im doing something wrong but i still had to turn the gain up about 70% on this new amp to get 25 volts. I set it with everything off, lpf all the way up and a 50 hz tone..the highest the voltage goes with the gain all the way up is 38 volts.

actually with hifonics, without a 2nd battery and high output alt upgrade, your pretty safe to wire it in parallel because without the proper amount of electrical upgrades, that amp doesnt do anywhere close to rated. pretty darn sure your not going to smoke your subs without feeding that power hungry amp from my hifonics experience.

even if you used the amp for a year fine, it doesnt mean that you are giving your subs a clipped signal with a gain set past 50%. One thing you might wanna do if your dead set on having the amp run at 4 ohms is getting a line out converter or bass epicenter(dont go crazy with the boosts on the epicenter) so you have stronger, cleaner signal comming from your headunit. It will make your bass louder without you having to set the gain high at all.

actually with hifonics, without a 2nd battery and high output alt upgrade, your pretty safe to wire it in parallel because without the proper amount of electrical upgrades, that amp doesnt do anywhere close to rated. pretty darn sure your not going to smoke your subs without feeding that power hungry amp from my hifonics experience.
even if you used the amp for a year fine, it doesnt mean that you are giving your subs a clipped signal with a gain set past 50%. One thing you might wanna do if your dead set on having the amp run at 4 ohms is getting a line out converter or bass epicenter(dont go crazy with the boosts on the epicenter) so you have stronger, cleaner signal comming from your headunit. It will make your bass louder without you having to set the gain high at all.
...do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Ok thank you guys very much for your input, really appreciate it. So i actually might just keep this amp, even at 500 watts it actually sounds the same if not a little better then my old amp..

Also just wondering but at first i tried wiring them to 1 ohm, and they sounded terrible..like litterall almost no bass at all and if i went passed like 30 on my head unit you could tell they were clipping. I think it was just distorting the hell out of them..

So took the subs out, wired to 4 ohms and they sound great. I think like in a month or so i am going to get my old amp fixxed as well.

...do you have any idea what you're talking about?
well that was the deal with my hifonics that i've experienced, after a 2nd battery and alternator, it actually started pushing my subs better as in day and night difference.

as for the other items, they work fine. I have a shop in my area that has an SMD DD1 service and i get less clipping and louder bass at lower gain with a Line out.

Well i actually used the amp for over a year with no problems. It messed up but not because of that, because i was connecting the subwoofer wires with the amp on, lol, sparked something, ever since then it dont work. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Anyways, i dont know if im doing something wrong but i still had to turn the gain up about 70% on this new amp to get 25 volts. I set it with everything off, lpf all the way up and a 50 hz tone..the highest the voltage goes with the gain all the way up is 38 volts.
did you check the fuse on your engine and the fuse on your amp?

sparking usually blows something

Actually got another problem now. When the car is on, a low hum or rumble type sound comes from the subwoofers..It doesn't go with the engine idle, its just a steady noise plus when i start the car they make a pop noise. Is that just a bad ground or something else?

Actually got another problem now. When the car is on, a low hum or rumble type sound comes from the subwoofers..It doesn't go with the engine idle, its just a steady noise plus when i start the car they make a pop noise. Is that just a bad ground or something else?
Does this noise only occur with the engine on or is it also present when only the accessories are on?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.