Quick question on alarms and door locks!

GPoodle
10+ year member

Hey all, I've got a quick question on an alarm install I'm conducting.

First off, I have a 1993 Civic, with power locks.

The connector comming from my alarm has three wires, red, blue, green.

Green = Unlock

Red = 12V Out

Blue = Lock

On the wiring diagram I have, the Power Unlock wire is Green/Red, and the Power Lock wire Green/White.

My question is, what do I hook the Red 12V out wire to? In the wiring diagram for this car, theres also a "Door Trigger" wire, is that what I should hook it to?

Also, it says the Power lock/unlock wires are "in drivers door at door lock module", do I have to take the door panel off? because I found the Grn/Red and Grn/Wht in the nest of wires under the dash.

Thanks! This is my first alarm install, but I've got the alarm to work, but just cant figure out the door locks.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I don't know jack about alarms. However I my alarm is intergraded with the door locks. They also lock and unlock with starting and turning off. Is it possible that this is what your "trigger" wire is for?

You know more than me on this subject, (I wouldn't even attempt it) just trin' to be helpful.

Well thanks, I appreciate your reply. It turns out I have a faulty alarm brain, and it worked, but then stopped working.

I think i'm just gonna get it professionally installed... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

first you need a wire diagram of your car, next you find the lock and unlock wires on your car..on your car they are green/white and green/red. according to the wiring diagram i have for that car , those wires can be found in the door or the switch, however, if you can find that wire under the dash, go ahead and connect it there (make sure its the same wire!)

all you do is connect the lock wire from your alarm to the green/white wire, and the unlock wire from your alarm to the green/red wire in the car. that's all there is to it, that takes care of the alarm.

i dont know what the red wire is for, you need to read the alarm instructions and find out what that is, but, if it says 12v out, its probably for either, the siren, the flashing parking lights or perhaps its there to power the horn.

if it's 12v out, it (is not) a trigger wire. let me know if you need any help or any wire diagrams for your car.

lamont_jersey@yahoo.com

From the alarm the Green and blue are - trigger. The red is for a relay. So if you need to do something other than - trigger. As for your car, yes you have to pull the door pannel. Then you need to run wire from the door to the inside of your car to get the door locks to work. I just found this place so I do not know if this will help you mabe someone else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.