RCA Head Unit Wiring Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

SoggyFries

Hello,

I am trying to power my mid level speakers with a 2 ch amp in my 05 Wrangler. I've pretty much gutted any and all factory sound equipment. My headunit is a pioneer DEH7400HD. Im powering my rear speakers with a 2ch Boss amp (R1002) and running the front speakers off the deck power. The Pioneer HU has 3 sets of RCAs which my mono is connected to the sub RCAs. The JBL Mono has two sets of RCAs - input and rear input. I have connected Y-connectors to these RCA to have one RCA input for the mono amp. When I set the rear speaker settings to SW on the head unit I can only fade left and right rear speakers. So no four way fading.

So my question is, should I be running Y-splitters for the front and rear RCAs? Or is there a better method of wiring the RCAs? Do the front RCAs even need to be connected since I am running the front speakers off the head unit itself?

I tried wiring all 4 speakers to the amp but since its such a crappy amp I find it better just to power a pair of speakers.

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-7400HD

front speakers - Rockford Fosgate Punch P1462; 4X6

rear speakers - Polk Audio db521; 5-1/4

2ch amp - Boss Riot R1002

Mono Amp - JBL 600.1

Sub - RF Punch P3 12 4ohm 600W

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.