quick door deadening question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Insomniac119
10+ year member

i can't sleep
I have a gallon of sludge to deaden my two ginormous doors. Should I deaden the inside of the door panel? or the metal on the inside of the door? or both? Like I said, I only have a gallon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif .

I'm just about to take them off after I finish the pods. Thanks for any help.

I guess I'll show some pics to get your creative juices flowing. And becuase I know you love them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

Here is the bottem half of the door panel (where the speaker will be)

doopanel002.jpg

And the backside

doorpanel001.jpg

Here is what I haven't taken off yet

doorpanel003.jpg

There is foam already there! (I love my buick)

doorpanel004.jpg

The reason I'm asking is because dampening anything I wouldn't have to is just a wast of time and sludge. If the speakers will be mounted on that peice I took off, then wouldn't deadening it be all that I need, especially with foam already in place (I love my buick).

Yet, If there is a chance of rattles I would miss than it would be worth it. Does anybody have any insite?

Well for now I would do the outter doorskin, and get some mats and do the inside of the doors. I don't think a gallon will do both inside and the outside doorskin of 2 doors.

Agreed, you're going to get more vibration from the outer panels because they are the ones contacting the air outside the car. Deaden them first.

if you are going into the door (speaker) i would do the whole door inside the outer metal doorskin the middle metal frame all are a must
The speakers will not be mounted in the doors, but on the doors. I'll bolt pods I made to the peice shown. I don't care if door vibrations are heard from the outside, but it wouldn't really matter because my noisy god **** engine rattles like non other.

I underestemated how much a gallon can accomplish. I've done 2 layers to that half of the door skin and it looks like I hardly used any of the sludge. I'll prolly beable to do the entire door (if I deside too) with that gallon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.