quick 6x9 reccommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

silverlude56
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
hey. i have re 6.5s in the fronts and are looking for some 6x9s. i got a 12"se in the back ported so they need to be loud. its for christmas and my parents probably since xmas is getting close will buy them at a store like best buy or circuit city. im lookin at the rockford power 2way 6x9s for $150. im also considering the infiniti reference 6x9 3 way at circuit city for $120. aslo in that price range i can wait a couple days and get the infinit kappas online for that same price. i know the references arent that great comparted to other things out there but of the 2 at circuit city and best buy what does everybody reccommend?

or should i use my money better to get the kappas. looking for good sq.

Wouldn't your want your front stage to be more overpowering than your rear fill? Unless you like the soundstage to come from behind you...

Are you running them off head unit power, or are you externally amplifying them?

head unit power...my stock ones finally blew and im pretty much looking for something to fill the holes and replace the distortion coming from to stock ones that arent going to blow. i might later on amp them but only with 50rms at most. and all of the speaks i listed are 100rms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.