Question on wattage for subs

OP should set gains properly with a DMM. Setting it to 3/4 could easily be clipping. Last thing anyone wants is to fry their new equipment.
There are way to many variables to just make a blanket statement like that. What if you had a 2volt radio and he has a 4 volt radio.. Please do as Blazian87 said and have your gains set with a DMM or Oscilloscope.
^^ These, definitely. ^^

FWIW -- That amp isn't close to rated. At 1 ohm you'll be LUCKY to get 600w per sub.

So actual power should actually be very close to what those massive's are rated for.

Even if the amp WERE 1500w, a simple gain adjustment (and no bass boost) will allow them to work well together.

Power ratings are far from an exact science. The actual printed power of an amp is rarely, if ever, actually being delivered to the speaker.

As long as the amp's rated output in relation to the speaker/sub's rated power handling is within reason (20%?, 30% over?), the amp is adjusted correctly, and you use a LITTLE common sense when you grab a hold of the volume knob -- it is very unlikely you're going to damage your speakers/subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.