Question on wattage for subs

helfer

I'm planning on purchasing Hifonics HFi1500D amp which puts out 500W x 1 at 4 ohm, 1000w x 1 at 2ohm and 1500w x 1 at 1ohm. I intend on running (2) 10 inch 4ohm DVC subs. If i wire as seen here (4 ohm load) Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Two 4 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speakers will both my sub's be seeing 500W power? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it as this is the first time ive done this. Thanks.

They split the power they are given. If you wire in parallel to 1ohm they should get 750 each if you series parallel to 4ohm they each get 250. On a side note that amp is overrated and wont do 1500w maybe 1000w so just wire them to 1ohm

thanks, any issue running (2) 600W RMS/1000W peak (Massive Audio KILO 104) @ 1000W 1 Ohm with this amp? Getting mixed results from google on higher RMS for sub.

I'm planning on purchasing Hifonics HFi1500D amp which puts out 500W x 1 at 4 ohm, 1000w x 1 at 2ohm and 1500w x 1 at 1ohm. I intend on running (2) 10 inch 4ohm DVC subs. If i wire as seen here (4 ohm load) Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Two 4 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speakers will both my sub's be seeing 500W power? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it as this is the first time ive done this. Thanks.
It would be better to have headroom so you can get full potential and not clip the signal. Whereas if you were to underpower your subs, it can certainly work, it'd just be hungry for more power. Would you consider putting in 1 15" dual 2 ohms instead? Do you wanna run sealed or ported? What kind of car will this be in?

It would be better to have headroom so you can get full potential and not clip the signal. Whereas if you were to underpower your subs, it can certainly work, it'd just be hungry for more power. Would you consider putting in 1 15" dual 2 ohms instead? Do you wanna run sealed or ported? What kind of car will this be in?
I'm putting it in the rear of an f-150, trying to keep it under seat which would make a 15 tough. I planned on running a sealed box, but would be open to ported. 11.5 inches in height for box would be about as high as I can go

I'm putting it in the rear of an f-150, trying to keep it under seat which would make a 15 tough. I planned on running a sealed box, but would be open to ported. 11.5 inches in height for box would be about as high as I can go
Oh ok gotcha. What's the max length and width you can go? If you are limited on space and want more bass, might I suggest the Dayton HO 10's? They work best in a .7 cu ft each ported. rated at 600w each. Doesn't even need full power to get going either.

Dayton Audio RSS265HO-44 10" Reference HO DVC Subwoofer

2 10s or 8s in a ported box will outslam 12s in a sealed box.

I had that amp for awhile it does pretty close to rated. I would run at 1 ohm and the gain set rougly mid to 3/4 max should give you a good starting point.

I had that amp for awhile it does pretty close to rated. I would run at 1 ohm and the gain set rougly mid to 3/4 max should give you a good starting point.
OP should set gains properly with a DMM. Setting it to 3/4 could easily be clipping. Last thing anyone wants is to fry their new equipment.

There are way to many variables to just make a blanket statement like that. What if you had a 2volt radio and he has a 4 volt radio.. Please do as Blazian87 said and have your gains set with a DMM or Oscilloscope.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.