question on w7

shouldnt have bought a subwoofer without first covering the basics. also unless its a 2 ch amp then you prolly will clip the sub. always buy a sub to match ur amp or amp to matc ur sub. newb

I can't return the sub, but i haven't opened the amp yet, i can still return it and get something different, what amp would you suggest to power this thing without clipping. i am not looking to max the sub out, but i want decent bass without hurting the sub. My price range is 250-310$.

shouldnt have bought a subwoofer without first covering the basics. also unless its a 2 ch amp then you prolly will clip the sub. always buy a sub to match ur amp or amp to matc ur sub. newb
You are one of the worst trolls on this forum.

Op that amp will work out well with that driver. The 10w7 wants around 500rms which is what that amp does at 3ohms. You cannot wire the 10w7 to anything but a 3ohm load as it is a single 3ohm driver.

You are one of the worst trolls on this forum.
Op that amp will work out well with that driver. The 10w7 wants around 500rms which is what that amp does at 3ohms. You cannot wire the 10w7 to anything but a 3ohm load as it is a single 3ohm driver.
thank you for the info, i also heard that JL audio amps are under rated on their wattage output. Is this true, if so, about how much under rated are they? again, sorry for noob question

they may be slightly underated, but i dont think largely underrated....i dont know if you would get more than 600 out of it...but that will be plenty for that sub anyway

sweet, i like the sound of that, also 2 more questions, would it be worth it to get a cap? would i need to replace my battery with a yellow top? or should i upgrade my electrical system in my car? i don't have the amp and sub installed yet so I am currently running stock electrical system.

how about a cap, would that help or be useful in anyway? I'll look into the Big 3
Don't waste your money.

Also, depending on the size of your battery, you probably wont even have to upgrade that. I'm currently running 3 amps on a factory sized battery and I don't have a problem. Granted I can kill the battery quickly if my music is cranked and the car isn't running but knowing this I avoid that situation as much as possible. With the car running I've never had a problem with dimming lights at all.

PS: The only upgrade I've done to my factory charging system is I have 0awg for my battery ground, other than that it's all stock. Also 0awg running back to a distribution block, which is probably overkill but at least I'll never have to run power wire again if I decide to add a bit more power.

i actually want to exchange my amp for another amp with more power, what would you guys suggest as a good amp to power this sub? My price range is 300$ maybe 350 if its worth it and i am looking for a decent amp.

You could get a Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bd for about 3-350 on Ebay maybe less. I have 2 12" JL W3's on a RF T1000-1bd wired to 2 ohm and they are pretty loud. I get about 850 watts at 2ohm.

Or you could get a used JL 1000/1 that will do 1000 watts into 2/3/4 ohm I believe....but I doubt you could find a new one for your price range.

I do not see much mention of Rockford amps on here, but I like them. As long as its the Power series.....

I do not see much mention of Rockford amps on here, but I like them. As long as its the Power series
I dont care what anyone says on here, the power series are still great amps, and the punch are decent..now the prime? not so much

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.