question on remote wire.

I've got a 600W sub amp and a 100W X 4 midrange/tweet amp and the remoted wires going to both is 18 gauge...it doesn't have to be very big as the current draw is less than .5 amps...just a little electrical nudge to tell the amps to wake up and start feed from the battery/alternator...now the power wire...THAT needs to be big enough! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

oo alright thanks for clearing that up, lol ya im going to be using 4guage as my power wire

i was wondering about the rca's too do they have to be special or can i just go down to radio shack or w/e and pick some up there

oo alright thanks for clearing that up, lol ya im going to be using 4guage as my power wire
i was wondering about the rca's too do they have to be special or can i just go down to radio shack or w/e and pick some up there
generally speaking you should use specific car audio RCA's. they will be shielded and should protect from external noise like alternator whine, etc from being heard. check the classifieds or knukonceptz. you can get quality rca's pretty cheap that way.

Yup, you will need zero noise fully shielded wires like those from StreetWires or similar...specific to car audio...if you use cheapo Radio Shack you will pick up all sorts of noise...a car is a very noisy place for audio electronics...and make sure your RCA's are as far away from your amp power wires as possible....same with the speaker wire...12 gauge minimum on speaker wire! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

lol thanks for the input //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

sorry if this isnt really that clear but im wondering can i bridge my amp to power just the front speakers?

.................................- + - +

like bridge the |front| [L] [R] to power my left front speaker and to power the right front speaker i bridge the |rear| ?

lol thanks for the input //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
sorry if this isnt really that clear but im wondering can i bridge my amp to power just the front speakers?

.................................- + - +

like bridge the |front| [L] [R] to power my left front speaker and to power the right front speaker i bridge the |rear| ?
im assuming its a 4 channel and you are looking to make it a 2 channel? yes, as long as its bridgable. some amps are not, most i would say are.

yes its bridgeable its a crossfire vr354 lol.

so on the front i juss connect the left neg and the right possitive

and on the rear same thing?

and would 140rms be too much to type r coaxials lol 6.5"

ttt

please any input would be helpful i need to clear things up quick //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Just remember bridging amps usually raises the ohm load they can take. I have my mids and high amp bridged right now and it is running pretty dang hot.

o alright but is there a way i can run my speakers at 2ohms if there 4ohm speakers?

i heard that its not good for coaxials to run them that way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

im wondering this because my amp specs are 35x4@4ohm, 70x4@2ohm, 140x2@4ohm

and would 140 watts be too much for type r coaxials?

It's not bad running your speakers on too much power. It means that even if you have them turned up really loud, the amp isn't working very hard. Problems arise if you don't have enough power and your speakers start clipping.

Just remember, wire is pretty much wire. I've used the cheapest of the cheapest rcas and never had any noise problems. A lot of times, noise enters through your ground. Just a //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.