Question on new head unit with existing AMP

Participant count
  • Participant list

mru22

About a year ago I had to replace an old Clarion VZ300 that I liked because it played dvds and very happy with the sound. It was single din and my dash will not support a large screen without cutting etc.

When I replaced it, I purchased the JVC model Av300 and never liked the sound nearly as much. I am replacing the existing receiver and want to get the sound back if not more that I lost in quality.

The amp I have is the JL Audio Slash V3 and works perfectly fine. I don't understand all of the technicals for receivers but is it the Voltage I should look for. The biggest complaint I had is the equalizer in the current JVC model is not very good.

When I had my old clarion I had the gains lower on my amp with better sound quality. Even when turning the gains up this deck never sounded as nice with the same songs etc.

Edit: Would a 4 volt vs 5 volt output make a noticeable difference with loudness and quality ?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.