Question on installing 01 S40 Volvo stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list

aceeca

Pretty sure the main deck is going back and we just happen to have a spare decent replacement. There's a CD amp, something or other that I am not sure is connected through the normal harness wires, or if it's connected through one of the other 2 wires. Them being an Amp out black cord I believe? As well as a grey plug-in I can't find it's job description anywhere I look.

Main reason for this long winded post is last car I hooked up aftermarket materials too had an amp I was unaware of. The way it was wired ended up causing it to drain the cars battery even while it was off, so it needed a special adapter to hook into an aftermarket stereo where in the long run wouldn't be worth it.

So before I go and pick up a harness I just wanna double check that my cars make/model won't have the same issue. From what the guy told me is the amp is for the CD changer in the trunk (useless) but made it out to sound like it came with the car, not something they had installed themselves.

Hoping I made this as clear as I can to get some help, much love for the help and appreciative for it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.