question on HO alt and batts

Participant count
  • Participant list

generalGOTCHA
10+ year member

Boyz in the Hood (EZE )
Im only going to run 2800Wrms..

I have a 1994 GMC 2500 Vandura 5.7ltr v-8 and dont know how much the stock alt puts out. Anyhow, where can I find an HO alternator for this van cheapest possible.

Or could I just use the stock alt and run zero guage to a crap load of cheap but newly purchased batteries ?

What would be the best route ?

You can probably get away with that kind of power as long as you've got 1-3 good batteries. I'd do the big 3 in at least 4 gauge as well.

Im only going to run 2800Wrms.. I have a 1994 GMC 2500 Vandura 5.7ltr v-8 and dont know how much the stock alt puts out. Anyhow, where can I find an HO alternator for this van cheapest possible.

Or could I just use the stock alt and run zero guage to a crap load of cheap but newly purchased batteries ?

What would be the best route ?
there is a point that more batts with a stock alt will end up killing it, depending on what you have and how you use it. basically if you have a bank of batts and you run them down, say to 11 volts, your alt not only has to service your car but recharge the batteries, which could be a hell of a lot of work. the stock alts typically don't have the duty cycle to deal with long deep charges for extended periods. But your habits my allow for the stock to work fine.

I hope that helps a little:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.