Question on capacitors

yea. its a reasonable debate. nobody is bashing one another, just simply trying to state some truf //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

although this debate has been gone over quite a few times //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/beatdeadhorse5.gif.5d70132dea1eb89b73bf2fdbb6027dd6.gif

Everyone on this forum believe caps are useless... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I always debated doing away with my two 1501D's for a 1 ohm stable amp that can put out 3000 watt RMS at 1 ohm. Figured I would save space, and having one amplifier with one channel and 1 of everything else would use less amperage. Guess not. Quick question, by 2ohm stereo vs 1 ohm, are you talking about two amps like my situation, a class D with two channels, or are you using a two channel class A/B ? If so, is it better for SQ, higher dampening factor, better frequency response (not that it matters)? Cant say I really know anything about your amps other than reputation.

Thought of another analogy. Having more capacitance is like going off-roading with a spongey suspension vs racing suspension. No matter what, you still travel over the bumps and it puts miles on your ride, but its smoother along the way and theres less chance of breaking an axel. All right, I'm sure this will make someone mad, but I still believe in using caps.

As long as you have the power to back up the demand you can put as many caps as you want for all I care..if i even care

its the people who think a cap will feed more power(to replace the alty) is who piss me off

"its the people who think a cap will feed more power(to replace the alty) is who piss me off"

I hear you there.

But I still think added caps help make a stereo more dynamic because they will be the first to supply the power, faster than the second battery, the length of wire, 1st battery, then finally the alternator. And by dynamic, I mean to a greater degree than that aforded by the amps internal capacitor bank.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.